Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AP Operations Investigator-Project Management & Technology
- Asset Protection
▶Who we are
Imagine working in a place where continuous improvement and innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where fast-paced, high-impact teams come together to positively drive results for one of the largest & most iconic brands in the world.
As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name, have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly sought-after products, such as Slurpee® and Big Bite®. “Brain Freeze” is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old Slurpee® and with over 67,000 stores globally (more than any other retailer or food service provider), we sell over 14 million a month.
But there’s a lot more to our story and much more left to be written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has been ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It’s what drove us to invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to better serve the needs of our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience in big ways...we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people like you to come make history with us.
▶How we lead
At 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles.
- Be Customer Obsessed
- Be Courageous with Your Point of View
- Challenge the Status Quo
- Act Like an Entrepreneur
- Have an “It Can Be Done” Attitude
- Do the Right Thing
- Be Accountable
Each principle has a defined set of behaviors which help guide the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support Stores.
▶About This Opportunity
- Improve the speed, timeliness and quality of project execution within the 7-Eleven culture.
- Key activities include: facilitating the creation, tracking and execution of operational project plans; consulting on and influencing key decisions on projects; developing and maintaining project management best practices; monitoring and analyzing current and proposed processes; contributing to business case development.
This position provides critical support to the Manager of AP Operations by monitoring and reporting on performance against objectives, ensuring adherence to company project management standards, and identifying gaps in and proposing alternatives to operational plans.
In addition, this position interfaces with all areas affected by the project including multiple departments, end users, distributors and vendors, and provides critical support to the AP Project Leader
- Facilitating working sessions and driving execution of strategic corporate initiatives.
- Monitoring and governance responsibilities require reviewing project deliverables and adherence to 7-Eleven quality standards, capturing and disseminating project information and communicating project status to company executives.
- This position will closely interact with the Business and Financial Planning Groups to ensure consistency with corporate strategies and will contribute to the Integrated Business Roadmap and the prioritization of corporate initiatives.
- Support the Asset Protection Department's four pillar strategy of Revenue and Profit Assurance, Shortage Control, Incidents-Investigations Management and Safety Program.
Perform various tasks and assignments as directed by the Manager of AP Operations and VP of Asset Protection.
- Education: Bachelors/4 Year Degree Degree.
- Consulting and/or project management required with retail background a plus.
- Sound business judgment.
- Handle challenges in a timely manner and ensure project outcomes meet stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Develop and manage communications strategies and plans.
- Advocate change by identifying process improvement opportunities and sponsoring change initiatives.