Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Financial Reporting
?Who we are
Imagine working in a place where continuous improvement and innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where fast-paced, high-impact teams come together to positively drive results for one of the largest & most iconic brands in the world.
As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name, have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly sought-after products, such as Slurpee® and Big Bite®. “Brain Freeze” is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old Slurpee® and with over 67,000 stores globally (more than any other retailer or food service provider), we sell over 14 million a month.
But there’s a lot more to our story and much more left to be written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has been ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It’s what drove us to invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to better serve the needs of our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience in big ways...we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people like you to come make history with us.
?How we lead
At 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles.
- Be Customer Obsessed
- Be Courageous with Your Point of View
- Challenge the Status Quo
- Act Like an Entrepreneur
- Have an “It Can Be Done” Attitude
- Do the Right Thing
- Be Accountable
Each principle has a defined set of behaviors which help guide the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support Stores.
?About This Opportunity
Responsible for directing the staff that prepares the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and reporting package to Parent. Provides technical accounting expertise on Company-wide issues as well as all contracts to determine appropriate accounting treatment. Manages all corporate accounting activities. Manages the accounting and reporting for the health and welfare and profit sharing benefit plans.
- Serves as primary contact for parent company financial reporting personnel and maintains the company's financial reporting in full compliance with SEC public company standards and 10-Q and 10-K type reporting as required by management and parent company.
- Responsible for all external reporting.
- Accountable for the balance sheet, cash flow and related analysis.
- Directs the preparation of key financial statement schedules and analysis presented to executive management on a monthly basis.
- Coordinates and approves the development of all footnotes for the Company's financial statements, including a detailed review of various footnotes and support that are prepared within the departments throughout the company.
- Serves as key liaison to external auditors for all quarterly auditor reviews and annual audits.
- Support month-end close by overseeing the Corporate Accounting team performing detailed income statement analysis and investigating variances.
- Provides technical accounting expertise to the Finance organization for all accounting matters, including complex deal structures involving M&A/business combinations, leases, sale leasebacks, debt financings, hedge accounting, real estate sales, and vendor and professional contracts.
- Works with external auditors to achieve sign off of complex accounting applications and positions.
- Accountable for reviewing all material contracts and providing guidance to ensure proper preferred accounting treatment.
- Directing Corporate accounting team.
- Corporate accounting areas include consolidation, recording of purchase price allocation resulting from acquisitions, goodwill and intangible impairment review, accruals, insurance reserves, debt, intercompany and notes receivable.
- Manages organization staff - provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring on a daily basis.
- Conducts performance reviews, updating individual development plans and providing performance feedback to team members.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required by management.
- Bachelors/4 Year Degree,CPA required.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience.
- SEC reporting, M&A, Technical GAAP Accounting.
- Strong technical accounting expertise and critical thinking skills.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Experience directly supervising and coaching in an SEC or large company Financial Consolidation department.
- Experience balancing workloads across teams in a stressful environment requiring non-flexible reporting deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, with proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of Oracle General Ledger and related systems is a plus.