Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principle Product Manager
▶Who we are
Imagine working in a place where continuous improvement and innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where fast-paced, high-impact teams come together to positively drive results for one of the largest & most iconic brands in the world.
As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name, have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly sought-after products, such as Slurpee® and Big Bite®. “Brain Freeze” is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old Slurpee® and with over 67,000 stores globally (more than any other retailer or food service provider), we sell over 14 million a month.
But there’s a lot more to our story and much more left to be written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has been ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It’s what drove us to invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to better serve the needs of our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience in big ways...we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people like you to come make history with us.
▶How we lead
At 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles.
1. Be Customer Obsessed
2. Be Courageous with Your Point of View
3. Challenge the Status Quo
4. Act Like an Entrepreneur
5. Have an “It Can Be Done” Attitude
6. Do the Right Thing
7. Be Accountable
Each principle has a defined set of behaviors which help guide the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support Stores.
▶About This Opportunity
7-Eleven’s R&D Team provides a competitive advantage by leveraging the power of modern technologies, top talent skills and our breadth of services to fuel bleeding edge product innovation. We set out to create awesome solutions by leveraging customer insights throughout our processes, driving our ability to create compelling consumer products and services.
As we look to redefine convenience, new ways of leveraging digital technology and customer understanding will be integral to disrupting the convenience space. We are seeking a R&D Principal Product Manager with proven experience leading complex digital software products and platforms to help us accelerate this vision.
As our R&D Principal Product Manager, you'll play a key role in the research and development of advanced digital experiences, processes, and solutions that will serve to drive 7-Eleven’s customer experience and advanced innovation strategies forward.
The R&D Principal Product Manager works across R&D and digital product teams, connecting with digital product leaders, digital innovators, senior leaders and key internal and external partners to research, develop and deliver advanced digital concepts and solutions. The ideal candidate has demonstrated innovation experience and a solid understanding of modern product creation best practices and emerging trends, as well as an established track record in defining and delivering digital software innovations.
- Fundamental Elements Of Our R&D Work Include
- Rapid Prototyping & Concept Development
- User Centered Design and Research
- Software Product Management
- Functional and business requirement definition
- Transition Management
- Advanced communication & storytelling
- Leads strategy definition for key products, technologies and pods within R&D.
- Actively looks for emerging technologies and customer/business use cases that can be better served through the application of specific emerging technologies
- Defines, drives alignment, maintains and communicates the product / concept roadmap.
- Leads the implementation proof of concepts & pilots to prove plausibility of technology innovation, including defining project scope, requirements and success metrics.
- Leads the development & implementation of key projects with technology and vendor partners; establishes strong partnerships.
- Designs and executes experiments and learning activities with real customers to observe and learn customer behaviors
- Leads their cross-functional teams’ level of customer obsession by immersing, understanding and learning from their customers
- Manages day-to-day relationships with stakeholders, technical teams and external development partners.
- Builds expertise with all current and future platform tools.
- Understands how stakeholders work and educates and trains on new tools and processes.
- Collaborates with partners and sponsors to drive towards process and technology change, utilizing a user-centric research process.
- Excellent oral and written communication & storytelling skills including meeting facilitation and development and delivery of persuasive presentations.
- Education: Bachelors/4 Yr Degree required
- 7+ years product management experience in a digital / software ecosystem
- 7+ years innovation & product creation experience
- Proven experience defining and managing complex digital products / projects
- Proven ability to document requirements and manage multiple products and projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep to understand business users and product technology and related landscape
- Ability to think and act creatively, methodically and strategically
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively with core team, extended stakeholders and leadership
- Must be organized, flexible & able to act independently, with ability to switch rapidly between different projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Is forward thinking and passionate about delivering a premium and innovative solution
- Thrives in a world of ambiguity, and is driven to make decisions as a team, without leadership input