Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Social Media Manager
▶Who we are
Imagine working in a place where continuous improvement and innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where fast-paced, high-impact teams come together to positively drive results for one of the largest & most iconic brands in the world.
As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name, have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly sought-after products, such as Slurpee® and Big Bite®. “Brain Freeze” is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old Slurpee® and with over 67,000 stores globally (more than any other retailer or food service provider), we sell over 14 million a month.
But there’s a lot more to our story and much more left to be written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has been ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It’s what drove us to invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to better serve the needs of our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience in big ways...we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people like you to come make history with us.
▶How we lead
At 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles.
- Be Customer Obsessed
- Be Courageous with Your Point of View
- Challenge the Status Quo
- Act Like an Entrepreneur
- Have an “It Can Be Done” Attitude
- Do the Right Thing
- Be Accountable
Each principle has a defined set of behaviors which help guide the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support Stores.
▶About This Opportunity
Manage the operation of the social command center and develop holistic social strategy for 7-Eleven across organic, paid and influencers.
- Provide leadership to implement a holistic social strategy for 7-Eleven across organic, paid and influencers.
- Manage operations of 7-Eleven’s social command center, including but not limited to smooth functioning of day-to-day activities, SLAs, daily consumer engagement coverage, various trainings, command center tours etc.
- Oversee 2 community managers who will be responsible for monitoring social conversations, interacting with consumers, and publishing organic content.
- Own social media content & calendars; partner with creative, marketing, product and merchandising teams, as well as external agencies to develop high performing creatives and messaging.
- Ensure that all social content is accurate, compelling, on-brand, and posted according to social calendars.
- Establish best practices for social content by channel based on consumer insights and performance.
- Develop and maintain/update playbooks, policies, procedures and guidelines for social engagement and community management.
- Manage influencer/advocate relationships to engage them effectively with our brand and consumers.
- Develop a social measurement and analysis framework; produce weekly, monthly & quarterly reports, as well as perform ad-hoc analyses when needed.
- Be a student of the social media space. This means proactively following platform updates, news, trends, user behaviors and use cases, forming opinions and sharing this with the team.
- Passion for the social media landscape.
- Innovative results oriented strategic thinker with proven ability to execute plans.
- Organized, detail-oriented and proactive.
- Superior communication skills (written and interpersonal).
- Excellent, ethical judgment.
- Thrive in a teamwork-centered environment.