Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Analyst Mergers and Acquisitions
?Who we are
Imagine working in a place where continuous improvement and innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where fast-paced, high-impact teams come together to positively drive results for one of the largest & most iconic brands in the world.
As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name, have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly sought-after products, such as Slurpee® and Big Bite®. “Brain Freeze” is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old Slurpee® and with over 67,000 stores globally (more than any other retailer or food service provider), we sell over 14 million a month.
But there’s a lot more to our story and much more left to be written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has been ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It’s what drove us to invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to better serve the needs of our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience in big ways...we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people like you to come make history with us.
?How we lead
At 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles.
- Be Customer Obsessed
- Be Courageous with Your Point of View
- Challenge the Status Quo
- Act Like an Entrepreneur
- Have an “It Can Be Done” Attitude
- Do the Right Thing
- Be Accountable
Each principle has a defined set of behaviors which help guide the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support Stores.
?About This Opportunity
To be an active member of the Mergers & Acquisitions Team that supports our 7-Eleven growth objectives through acquisitions and other strategic transactions. The primary role will be to assist in site assessments/characterization; develop and modify valuation models; perform business and financial analysis; conduct due diligence/planning; provide analytic support throughout the deal development cycle; and generate and maintain internal reporting on transactions shared with other departments and the Executive Committee.
- Perform detailed assessments/characterizations of prospective acquisition sites for stakeholder evaluation.
- Prepare business reports and presentations supporting deal development.
- Develop and maintain competitive assessment of key acquisition targets.
- Determine economic assumptions for investment modeling, though communication with other departments as needed.
- Prepare pro-forma and valuation models for acquisition opportunities.
- Conduct scenario and sensitivity analyses to further analyze strategic investment decisions.
- Coordinate with FP&A to develop financial plans and budgets for acquisitions.
- Prepare periodic reports of acquisition performance for management review.
- Lead research efforts for acquisition deals, in support of decision-making process.
- Assimilate significant amounts of information for stakeholder analysis.
- Review and comment on key transaction agreement documents.
- Prepare and contribute to presentations for stakeholders, including 7-Eleven executives and Board of Directors and representatives of 7-Eleven’s parent companies.
- Track and prepare reports regarding industry acquisitions and both industry-specific and global issues impacting acquisitions and strategic growth initiatives.
- May perform various special projects such as market studies or industry assessments to determine future growth opportunities; perform other related duties as requested by management.
- Education: Bachelors/4 Year Degree.
- Experience: 3+ Yrs., Finance; Private Equity/Investment Banking.
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel (including financial modeling); Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including expertise in PowerPoint.
- Strong understanding of Financial Statements analysis and derivation of key valuation components (EBITDA, Free Cash Flow, etc.).
- Proficient use of valuation methodologies such as: discounted cash flows and comparables/ precedent transactions.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently in a deadline-driven environment.