Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Financial Analyst
▶Who we are
Imagie working in a place where continuous improvement and innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where fast-paced, high-impact teams come together to positively drive results for one of the largest & most iconic brands in the world.
As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name, have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly sought-after products, such as Slurpee® and Big Bite®. “Brain Freeze” is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old Slurpee® and with over 67,000 stores globally (more than any other retailer or food service provider), we sell over 14 million a month.
But there’s a lot more to our story and much more left to be written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has been ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It’s what drove us to invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to better serve the needs of our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience in big ways...we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people like you to come make history with us.
▶How we lead
At 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles.
- Be Customer Obsessed
- Be Courageous with Your Point of View
- Challenge the Status Quo
- Act Like an Entrepreneur
- Have an “It Can Be Done” Attitude
- Do the Right Thing
- Be Accountable
Each principle has a defined set of behaviors which help guide the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support Stores.
▶About This Opportunity
Primary purpose is to support Field Operations (US and Canada) and Development with analysis for the companies Under-performing Stores through the by-store, 4-Step Action Plan. Monitoring of store closure requests, Annual Store Closure Process/Expense, Impairment Analysis, Divestitures, Facilitating monthly UP calls and Periodically UP review meetings with the EC. New Store Site Approval Guidance
- Analyzes trends and other relevant information to under-performing stores (stores with negative EBITDA, sales less than $3,250 PSD and new stores not meeting IRR sales projection) to help Field Operations develop by-store, 4-step action plans.
- This requires gaining a thorough understanding of key business drivers and effective communication of analysis.
- Analysis of recommended closures and estimates for cost to close and P&L impact of stores classified as forming.
- Regularly interact with Financial Planning and Reporting on store closure forecasts.
- Facilitate monthly Regional/Zone meetings with Operations, Fuels, Franchising and Development to discuss by-store, 4-step action plans, provide financial performance summaries and hold parties accountable for action items.
- Provide analysis to senior management as requested.
- Examples include creating/maintaining a reporting system to track and analyze financial performance of Under-performing Stores and performing analysis on the impact of potential divestitures/store closures.
- Collaborate with Development, Fuels, Franchising and Operations teams to maintain each store's current network plan and operation action plan to improve performance on a monthly basis.
- Perform annual review to finalize under-performing store closure decisions with executive team to improve store base.
- Create ad hoc analysis of under-performing stores for M&A/Development team and executive team reviews.
- Analysis and reporting of ROIC and other financial matrix to gage new store performance by specified segmentation criteria.
- Maintain watch list for stores at risk of impairment.
- New Store Site Approvals.
- Track new store openings performance.
- Analyze Market performance as needed for strategic decision making and/or insight.
- Education: Bachelors/4 Year Degree MBA preferred.
- Experience: 2+ years.
- Position requires extensive knowledge of financial modeling and reporting acquired through completion of a bachelors degree in Business or Finance.
- Requires advanced computer skills using spreadsheet software, familiarity with database applications, downloading data from mainframe systems and use of word processing software.
- Requires ability to draft correspondence that accompanies requests for information in a clear and concise manner.
- Requires understanding of mathematical concepts necessary to make growth projections and net present value calculations.
- Must understand impact/use of multi-spreadsheet linking capabilities and must have ability to quickly learn systems for implementation/development.
- Analytical skills and the ability to solve problems independently is critical.