Consolidated Electrical Distributors
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Consolidated Electrical Distributors
|Location:||TX - Irving|
COMPANY PROFILEConsolidated Electrical Distributors (CED) is a private company that is dedicated to providing quality service in the electrical distribution market. Since its establishment in 1957, CED has become a recognized leader in the electrical industry and now has over 500 locations nationwide. CED specializes in electrical consumer goods for residential, commercial, and industrial markets. Through a uniquely independent business model, CED has sustained long-term growth.
LOCATION: Irving, TX
This position will be largely a consultative role responsible for advising CED management on personnel selection, assessment, and development. Responsibilities include administering and interpreting assessment tools for a variety of positions within the company, performing extensive face to face structured interviews of candidates for professional and upper level positions, and providing scientifically sound advice to managers regarding selecting candidates who possess the abilities, talent, and personality factors needed to excel in our unique, entrepreneurial business model. This position will also be highly influential in the strategic direction of CED’s employee selection process, analyzing jobs to develop and validate assessment measures for selection, and ensuring that employee selection tools are legally compliant. CED would consider filling this position with either a full-time employee or, potentially, an independent consultant.
- Ph.D. in Industrial-Organizational Psychology
- 3 + years of relevant work experience
- Advanced, Ph.D. level understanding of current I-O methods, principles, guidelines and legal principles, with a special emphasis on selection, assessment, test development, test validation, and psychometrics
- Motivation to succeed in a dynamic, business-driven environment
- Proven ability to achieve goals through collaborating, influencing, and partnering with leadership and peers, while contributing to the overall success of the organization
- Ability to travel approximately 25%