Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Network Technician or Engineer
at A1 Placement
A1 Placement is working with one of Dallas’s top tech companies to fill two IT Network Technician positions to be responsible for the set up and maintenance of the enterprise’s current and future network environment.
You must possess an expertise with routers, switches and firewalls required, as well as VOIP and IPT (IP Telephony). Project management and strong organization skills required. Job will include installing, monitoring, troubleshooting and repairing data communications lines and equipment for Local and Wide Area Networks, Wireless, as well as, researching, testing and evaluating new solutions. Additional telecom duties will include the design, install, configuration, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of local and remote telephony systems and associated assemblies. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design and maintain corporate wide area network
- Plans layout and installation of data communications equipment
- Design “build to suit” communications infrastructure solutions such cloud connectivity and security solutions
- Plan and coordinate remote office communications equipment installations and changes
- Provides Level III technical network support to resolve problems in conjunction with the IT Service Desk and end users
- Performs the engineering, configuration, installation, maintenance, monitoring and upgrade of networks, including, routers, switches, firewalls, remote access systems, fiber networks and network management systems
- Monitor bandwidth, routing and QOS to ensure an efficient cost effective network operation.
- Reviews work orders to move, change, install, repair or remove data communications equipment such as switches, routers, ports, WAPS etc.
- Configures new routers and switching equipment and reviews existing configurations to ensure efficiency
- Implement and support VOIP and IPT
- Performs analysis of telephony needs and recommends design of telephony network architecture, integration and installation
- Installs and maintains local and remote telephony and voicemail, hardware and software including switches, handsets and cabling
- Maintains highest levels of network data security and protection from disaster
- Tests communication lines to ensure that specifications are met
- Coordinates carrier trouble tickets and repairs
- Serves as a liaison with vendors and other third-party providers and ensures timely maintenance renewals and monitors compliance of network related support agreements
- Develops and writes procedures for installation, use and solving problems of communications hardware and software
- May consult with senior peers on certain projects
- Determines policy and procedures for the data networks
Specific Technology Experience
- Cisco – routers, switches, firewalls and tools
- Sonus SBA, SBC
- VoIP & SIP
- Demonstrates a commitment to the quality improvement process and the philosophy of continuous improvement; identifies and responds actively and with sensitivity to the needs of all concerned; participates as a team player in all phases of the organization; and is open and responsive to change.
- Communicates and interacts with co-workers and all others in a pleasant and professional manner at all times.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of personnel data, proprietary information, and sensitive materials as required.
- Maximizes cost efficiency and productivity in the use of all resources of the department and organization.
- Attends all required department events, staff meetings, and any other job-related functions. Attends and successfully completes all mandatory trainings.
- Does not communicate with any news media or volunteer business information to other agencies. Directs public relations issues to the appropriate person.
- Does not enter into any contract without approval which commits the organization to any obligation, or which transfers company assets to any outside interests, or which involve expenditures of a capital nature.
- Performs within position and personal limitations and provides information to employees, co-workers, business contacts, and others only as able and appropriate for position.
- Require a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering; may have completed an advanced degree, certification, or additional professional training
- Typically requires 10-15 years of experience
- Moderate skills with high level of proficiency
- Certifications: CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) or CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) certification
- Experience planning, design, implementation and supporting Cisco routers, switches, Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Virtual Private Network (VPN), Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP), Quality of Service (QoS), Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP), Diffserv, IP traffic, server administration
- Involvement developing or deploying IP-based network solutions or products including telephony and VOIP
- Working knowledge of end-to-end networking solutions, including network elements, network management, and OSS
- Excellent understanding of IP protocols, routers and Ethernet switches, including specialized experience in router protocols and router management (i.e., configuration of tables)
- IEEE 802.1p/q for Ethernet VLANs or MPLS based VPNs (RFC 2547)