Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior SQL Server Database Administrator
at A1 Placement
Our client, a prominent technology solutions firm in Dallas, has an immediate hiring need for a Senior SQL Server DBA responsible for the design, development and maintenance of SQL Server Database solutions by performing the following duties.
This is an exceptional opportunity to apply your team leadership skills in an advanced level SQL Server administrator role for the Applications Support team. You will join a team performing complex professional level work implementing and supporting SQL Server-based applications. Additionally, you will manage projects in the SQL Server environment and coordinate with other technical teams in delivering high quality support.
- Designs and executes overall database architecture strategy, standards and practices.
- Works closely with project teams to develop data models that support business processes.
- Works with application development to ensure database changes adhere to best practices and are properly prioritized and scheduled.
- Supports all areas of the enterprise – ensures that all databases run at optimal performance
- Proactively identifies and troubleshoots databases performance issues
- Ensures that industry wide security standards are properly implemented
- Develops and optimizes complex t-sql and PL/SQL code at advanced level
- Understands written business requirements and translates them into technical design
- Designs and develops SQL code; ETL processes and SSRS reports based on provided requirements
- Responds to business requests in a professional manner with high sense of urgency
- Works well under high levels of stress
- Participates in on-call rotation and occasional off-hours activities (DR tests; upgrades, etc.)
- RDBMS: SQL Server (advanced)
- OS: Windows 2012 – 2016; RHEL 6. 5-7. 5
- ETL: SSIS (development, troubleshooting and optimization) (advanced)
- Reporting: SSRS (development, troubleshooting and optimization) (advanced)
- SQL Server replication (transactional, snapshot) (advanced)
- T-SQL; PL/SQL (development, troubleshooting and optimization) (advanced)
- OLTP performance troubleshooting (advanced)
- RDBMS installation and configuration (advanced)
- WSFC – Windows Server Failover Clustering (advanced)
- RDBMS upgrade/patching