Acme Brick Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electrician - NIGHT SHIFT
at Acme Brick Company
Acme Brick Company (a Berkshire Hathaway Company) is an organization of professionals in the manufacturing and building material distribution industry. We manufacture brick and distribute our own brick as well as brick and associated products manufactured by others. We operate in 15 states with a philosophy that we are much more than a brick manufacturer and distributor.
Engaged in maintaining and repairing physical structures of buildings, machinery, and grounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical equipment problems
• Design, modify, and install equipment as needed
• Communicate with departmental supervisor and management regarding equipment problems, needed repairs, and scheduling of repairs and maintenance
• Maintain equipment and parts files
• Understanding of electric, pneumatic and hydraulic energy sources
• Work with blueprints, specifications, and other standards
• Knowledge of industrial electrical maintenance
Skills and Experience Required for Success
Extensive knowledge of PLCs, VFDs, Instrumentation and motor control circuits
Allen Bradley Equipment
Knowledge of hydraulics and pnuematics
Competencies Required for Success
High standard of ethical conduct
Strong work ethic
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
Minimum 2 years related experience and/or training
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
All applicants will be screened through E-verify and must also complete a pre-employment drug screen before being hired. Additionally, it is company policy to administer a random drug screen quarterly throughout the company.
Acme Brick Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in accord with federal, state, and local laws.