Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Access Representative
at Adeptus Health
- Job ID
- Corinth - 432
- City Hospital Emergency Room
About Adeptus Health
Adeptus Health is a leading patient-centered healthcare organization expanding access to the highest quality emergency medical care through its network of freestanding emergency rooms and partnerships with premier healthcare providers. All Adeptus Health freestanding facilities are fully equipped emergency rooms with a complete radiology suite of diagnostic technology, on-site laboratory, and staffed with board-certified physicians and emergency trained registered nurses. For the last four years, Adeptus Health has exceeded the 95th percentile in patient satisfaction according to patient feedback collected nationwide by Press Ganey Associates Inc. Adeptus Health also was named a 2016 and 2017 Best Workplaces in Healthcare by Great Place to Work® and Fortune Magazine. For more information, please visit adpt.com.
The Patient Access Representative (PAR) is the first point of contact with patients and serves one of the most important functions in our facilities. The PAR will courteously and professionally greet patients and obtain accurate demographic and insurance information for registration. This position will work in harmony with clinical staff to ensure each patient is given the highest level of customer service and every staff member is treated with the utmost respect. The PAR will carry-out his/her duties by adhering to the highest standard of ethical and moral conduct and fully support the mission, vision, and values of the Company.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively communicate (written & oral) with individuals and groups of various backgrounds and educational levels in high stress situations.
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple, changing priorities in an effective and organized manner, under stressful demands while maintaining exceptional customer service.
- Obtains complete and accurate demographic, insurance and financial data to complete registration.
- Updates and maintains patient database according to established procedures.
- Completes and balances all daily transaction paperwork .
- Maintains an open line of communication with all team members.
- Maintains consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health & safety procedures.
- A PRN position is 1-2 shifts per week.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; some college is preferred.
- Minimum of two years of face to face customer service experience is required.
- Current BLS for the Healthcare Provider. Must have a current card from an American Heart Association (AHA) recognized course.
- Experience providing customer service to patients and their families is preferred.
- Experience working in an Emergency Department is preferred.
- Experience working with patient records and charts and an understanding of insurance plans is preferred.
Skills & Attributes
- Ability to incorporate excellent customer service skills in dealing with patients, personnel, physicians, and peers.
- Must be self-driven and possess the ability to work in teams with minimal daily supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, professional environment.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and organized manner and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.