Allegiance Benefit Plan Management, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Allegiance Benefit Plan Management, Inc
- 07-Oct-2019 (MST)
- Plano, TX, USA
- Full Time
Do you want a career where you can make a difference? Allegiance is a growing company with hometown values that is looking for dynamic candidates to join the team! A positive, team-oriented environment is provided with opportunities for advancement.
Allegiance offers full-time positions with evenings, weekends, and holidays off and a multi-faceted benefits package.
We pride ourselves in having a reputation for top-notch customer service. Make a difference. Start your career with Allegiance today!
The Data Technician is responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining files directly related to the import and extraction of EDI. Position may require some use of IT tools like GoAnywhere MFT, SSMS, SQL and other programming languages to assist the programmer and recommend customizations to files on a variety of internal and external systems. The Data Technician participates in file error troubleshooting, testing, maintaining and debugging new and current EDI applications.
The incumbent is expected to communicate professionally with peers, supervisors, subordinates, vendors, customers, and the public, and to be respectful and courteous in the conduct of this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential job functions include the following. Other functions may be assigned as business conditions change.
- Diagnose underlying problems related to data integrity.
- Employs Information Systems tools to access information systems for the purpose of providing data support.
- Meet with end users to discuss the required information to be extracted from the database or mainframe source files.
- Design, develop and support a wide variety of information deliverables in both ad-hoc and production fashion.
- Works with database systems to ensure effective data security, integrity and recoverability procedures are in place at all times.
- Ensures solutions meet business objectives, and establishes and maintains a high level of user trust and confidence in ITs' knowledge of and concern for users' business needs.
- Ensures data recovery, maintenance, data integrity and space requirements for physical database are met through formulation and monitoring of policies, procedures and standards relating to database management.
- Proactively researches and locates necessary tools and processes to identify troublesome trends as they develop.
- Makes decisions that are critical in the areas of throughout analysis, problem solving, and infrastructure planning with the potential to affect the successful execution of business transactions.
- Participates in various IT projects intended to continually improve and upgrade the data infrastructure.
- Analyzes, tests, and implements physical data system design supporting the business applications, including base definition, structure, documentation, long-range requirements and operational guidelines.
- Contributes to the daily workflow with regular and punctual attendance.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs software and operating system tests.
- Preparation of file specs, forms, faxing and copying.
- Organize files and reference materials
- Performs related or other assigned duties as required or directed.
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Physical requirements are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sitting 85% Reaching Some
Standing 10% Manual Dexterity High
Walking 5% Telephone Yes
Kneeling Some Computer Screen High (visual acuity corrected to 20/30)
Bending Some Lifting up to 60 pounds
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Education: College Degree in IT Technician, Information Systems, Computer Science or related field in the absence of equivalent work experience preferred.
Certification(s) Required: None
Minimum Experience: Prior knowledge and experience with insurance related concepts including claims, eligibility, flex, or COBRA data. Two years' experience in a job working with file troubleshooting and data support preferred.
Other Qualifications: Working knowledge of programming theory and various programming software and languages helpful. (i.e. MySQL, Transact-SQL, python, .Net)
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Windows, and Outlook.
Effective oral and written communication skills.
High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
Ability to project a professional image and positive attitude in any work environment.
Ability to comply with privacy and confidentiality standards.
Ability to be flexible, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Ability to solve problems with professionalism and patience.
Ability to operate typical office equipment.
Working knowledge of general office procedures.
Working knowledge of SQL and PostgreSQL preferred.
Experience with Transact-SQL
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel as classified.