Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Java Developer
at Alliance Data
Utilizing JAVA and client side technologies, theLead position is a hands-on position responsible for the design, developmentand maintenance of transactional middle tier, XML service layer, batch fileimport and extract and browser based applications for Epsilon's industryleading Loyalty Solutions platform.
Applications supported include a custom dataretrieval application, XML web service integration to a high volume web site,enterprise application GUI interface, and several file extract basedintegrations.
- Design and develop software to support real-time transactions and transactions sourced from files.
- Perform and manage development in a high volume, multi-tiered, transactional environment.
- Work closely with clients in converting functional requirements to technical design documents.
- Lead onshore and offshore Java development team, provide technical direction
- Efficiently and effectively collaborate with technical and non-technical internal team members.
- As needed, gather requirements and analyze, understand and translate those requirements into technical specifications.
- Write technical specifications, participate in design reviews and provide input to design recommendations where necessary.
- Participate in code reviews
- Perform unit testing and identify, troubleshoot and solve code-related issues as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of Java/J2EE development experience with at least 2 years managing development projects and leading a team of developers.
- Must be have experience in planning, analyzing requirements, designing solutions and developing code using Java technologies (J2EE, EJB, JSP, Servlets, AJAX, Java Scripts, XML, web services, Spring, Hibernate and Struts Framework) and testing the software.
- Development experience in J2EE, EJB, JSP, Servlets, AJAX, Java Scripts, XML, web services, Spring, Hibernate, Struts Framework, CSS and GUI development is required.
- Experience with both Waterfall and Agile development methodologies is a plus.
- Prior experience with enterprise class application/web development as developer strongly preferred.
- Experience building highly performant, scalable, software in a CI/CD environment
- Exposure to Public Cloud computing (AWS)
- Strong communication skills as well as a dedicated work ethic is a must.
- The ability to display strong problem solving skills and perform under pressure is required.
- Marketing technology experience is a plus
- Position may require rotating On Call availability, and involves little or no travel
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon® is an all-encompassing global marketing innovator. We provide unrivaled data intelligence and customer insights, world-class technology including loyalty, email and CRM platforms and data-driven creative, activation and execution. Epsilon's digital media arm, Conversant, is a leader in personalized digital advertising and insights through its proprietary technology and trove of consumer marketing data, delivering digital marketing with unprecedented scale, accuracy and reach through personalized media programs and through CJ Affiliate, one of the world's largest affiliate marketing networks. Together, we bring personalized marketing to consumers across offline and online channels, at moments of interest, that help drive business growth for brands. An Alliance Data* company, Epsilon employs over 8,000 associates in 70 offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com and follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg.
Alliance Data provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
For San Francisco Bay Area:
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
Alliance Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Alliance Data will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for Alliance Data.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify.
Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal and credit histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.