Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Global Financial Specialist, Senior
at Altair Global
- Job ID
The Senior Global Financial Specialist is the financial control point for all transferee related disbursements including but not limited to expenses and vendor invoices. The Senior Global Financial Specialist has responsibility for auditing data, calculating benefits, and coordinating with processing teams regarding audit findings. The Specialist will also support business process training, participate in discussions with client stakeholders, and implement new process according to Altair Global change management practices. Position will serve Altair government contractor clients.
- Support quality review of file related disbursements to ensure compliance with client and Altair policies, government regulations including FAR allowable/unallowable standards, and relocation accounting parameters
- Routinely perform detailed audit of all file related expenses to ensure compliance with client and Altair policies, government regulations including FAR allowable/unallowable standards, and relocation tax reporting parameters
- Analyze data coding decisions made by processing team against client relocation policy and required compliance activities (payroll and tax reporting)
- Escalate problematic file related situations and issues to management for review, recommendations and/or resolution
- Participate in new client implementation calls/meetings/start-ups
- Provide training to new and existing Financial Specialist staff on processes, systems, policies and procedures
- Perform quality control audits and monitor performance/progress of offshore processing team
- Non-routine assignments and projects as requested
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline is preferred with a minimum of 1 year of applicable, FAR (Federal Acquisitions Regulations) experience.
TRAINING and EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a relocation accounting environment in positions of increasing responsibility or 4 years in a multi-location, multi-client high volume transaction processing environment, with strong A/P and expense processing
- Previous experience focused on FAR (Federal Acquisitions Regulations) and DCAA (Defense Contract Audit Agency) requirements desirable
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, Word and Excel and Outlook; knowledge of other software packages i.e., MoveTrack, AREV and Solomon is preferred
- Able to confidently communicate/interface with colleagues at multiple levels across the Company and others dictated by job and business needs
- Broad understanding of accepted accounting concepts, principles, practices and processes including but not limited to relocation tax laws as applied to expense disbursements and payroll reporting
- Ability to read, comprehend, interpret, analyze and apply policy concepts
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Deadline and time sensitive
- Ability to make effective business decisions based on factual information, sound logic and common sense