Amec Foster Wheeler
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Amec Foster Wheeler
- Environmental Scientist
- Requisition ID
- Work Location
- Department / Discipline
- Position Type
- Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has a career opportunity for an Environmental Scientist to join our Dallas. TX team. Our ideal candidate has a commitment to quality and has 1 – 3 years + experience with Phase 1, soil and groundwater sampling and asbestos inspection and air monitoring.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established consulting firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career.
- The position is anticipated to be approximately 25% office work and 75% field work on industrial, commercial and federal sites
- Will work under the supervision of a Senior Environmental Scientist/Engineer
- Office activities include analysis and interpretation of analytical results and data, assistance with the preparation of reports and technical memos associated with field sampling and property due diligence
- Field activities include monitoring and sampling activities to include; construction observation, conducting interviews with property owners/businesses, collecting groundwater, surface-water and sediment samples as well as documenting field activities
- Will be expected to thoroughly check permit applications, data tables and figures
- Will do field mapping and map preparation and maintain spreadsheets/databases of chemical results and other data for projects, prepare charts, conduct routine scientific calculations and run computer programs
- Will follow company safety standards, participate in safety training and prepare and implement site safety plans
- Will travel to project sites primarily in Texas and occasionally in surrounding states. Anticipated overnight travel approximately 20%
Skills / Qualifications
- BS or MS in Environmental Science or related technical degree
- 1 – 3 years + environmental or field experience
- Our ideal candidate has a commitment to quality and has experience with Phase 1, soil and groundwater sampling and asbestos inspection and air monitoring
- 40-hour HAZWOPER OSHA Training desired
- Asbestos and/or lead-paint and mold certifications are a plus
- Proficiency with MS Office products including MS Word and Excel; AutoCAD and GIS experience is a plus
- Must be a self-starter with good written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong time management capabilities required
- Will be required to lift equipment and carry laboratory samples/equipment which may weigh up to 40 pounds
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites as needed - Estimated 20% overnight travel
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- 75% field work in outdoor environments
- Wear personal protective gear as required
- Requires the ability to lift 40 pounds
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!