Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at American Leather
- 12-Jun-2019 to 11-Aug-2019 (CST)
- Dallas, TX, USA
- Full Time
American Leather is an award-winning furniture manufacturer located in Dallas, TX.
Since 1990, we have expertly crafted custom-upholstered, premium leather and fabric furniture, and delivered high-quality, made-to-order luxury to our retailers in around three weeks or less a delivery standard approximately three times faster than the industry average.
From a small four person shop, the company has grown into a thriving industry leader, with over 130 different collections sold in over 650 stores, including Room and Board, Crate and Barrel, Macy's, Design Within Reach, and Relax the Back.
While delivering exceptional style, craftsmanship and quality in record time is our top priority, we also make time for some good old-fashioned fun. We are located in Southwest Dallas near I-20 and Mountain Creek Parkway.
Doing the right thing is not just a company catch phrase; it's the way we do business. It's our belief in "people first" that guides many of our operational decisions. It's our standard of excellence in product design, construction, and delivery. It's our habit of giving back and going above and beyond wherever and whenever we can. It's this commitment to quality in everything we do that has propelled American Leather to the cutting edge of the industry and will continue to drive our success.
Reporting directly to the Purchasing Manager, the Buyer is responsible for selection and procurement functions directly associated with the Company's needs for indirect materials and services, fixed assets and tools.
What your day will look like...
- Converts requisitions into purchase orders
- Confers with suppliers in order to obtain quality product, price availability, and firm delivery schedule
- Place timely purchase orders, expedite material and resolve accounts payable issues.
- Meet inventory goals while supporting material requirements for production
- Track supplier performance for pricing, quality and delivery
- Negotiates pricing within established expense parameters
- Research, understand and recommend strategies for improving the supply chain process.
- Review open order report daily to ensure all materials are available as planned
- Manages and corrects non-compliance from suppliers and adequately resolves all supplier-related issues
- Identifies and recommends opportunities for continuous process improvement
- Initiates purchase orders and amendments for parts, services, and/or special tools; arranges for submission and inspection of sample products as required; close coordination with plant engineering to assure timely execution of product and services sourcing activities.
- Secures and analyzes quotations; negotiates prices and terms with suppliers; and recommends suppliers with respect to cost, quality, and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities.
- Coordinates the planning of recent schedules and inventory control parameters for the assigned products.
- Coordinates as appropriate, quality matters and engineering changes/developments between the Company and suppliers.
- Visits suppliers' facilities to qualify them as new sources and assists in the resolution of production, design, quality, and/or delivery problems.
- All other duties as assigned by manager or leadership.
We are seeking a candidates that have...
- Working knowledge of purchasing policies, processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of warehouse and inventory control policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of material work planning and methods engineering processes and procedures.
- Knowledge and ability to negotiate best vendor terms, pricing and delivery based on specific budget and schedule requirements.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective internal and external working relationships.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Time Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong customer orientation
- Ability to analyze information
- Ability to make basic mathematical calculations, percentages, ratios and other analysis.
- MS Office (Word, Excel) Intermediate level
You must have...
- Bachelor's degree preferred with emphasis in Business Administration, and/or supply chain (years of experience can be substituted for degree)
- Five years of progressively responsible purchasing and materials control experience in a manufacturing environment.
It's a huge plus if you have...
- Experience with Oracle
- Furniture Manufacturing experience
The physical demands include...
- Lifting up to 25 lbs., standing, walking, sitting, stooping, reaching the majority of the work day.
Why you will enjoy working at American Leather...
- Competitive compensation and profit-sharing plans
- Excellent benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) plan with match, and flexible spending accounts (medical and dependent care)
- Onsite health & wellness center with fitness center that includes free personal training 4 days per week
- Business casual work dress environment
- Scholarship program for children of employees