Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at American Leather
- 10-Sep-2019 to 09-Nov-2019 (CST)
- Frame Fabrication
- Dallas, TX, USA
- Full Time
American Leather is an award-winning furniture manufacturer located in Dallas, TX. Since 1990, we have expertly crafted custom-upholstered, premium leather and fabric furniture, and delivered high-quality, made-to-order luxury to our retailers in around three weeks or less a delivery standard approximately three times faster than the industry average. From a small four-person shop, the company has grown into a thriving industry leader, with over 130 different collections sold in over 650 stores, including Room and Board, Crate and Barrel, Macy's, Design Within Reach, and Relax the Back. While delivering exceptional style, craftsmanship and quality in record time is our top priority. We are located in Southwest Dallas near I-20 and Mountain Creek Parkway. Doing the right thing is not just a company catchphrase; it's the way we do business. It's our belief in "people first" that guides many of our operational decisions. It's our standard of excellence in product design, construction, and delivery. It's our habit of giving back and going above and beyond wherever and whenever we can. It's this commitment to quality in everything we do that has propelled American Leather to the cutting edge of the industry and will continue to drive our success.
Under the direction of the Production Supervisor or Assistant Supervisor, the Machine Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the CNC router machine or wood cutting machine (Komo). The operator programs the CNC machine and feeds sheets of plywood to the machine to ensure that the precise cuts of woods are made which in turn are used to manufacture the wooden furniture frames.
- Conduct visual inspection of CNC router and make and preventative maintenance adjustments such as cleaning filters, and tool setup.
- Programs router according to job specifications.
- Places material in the machine and prepares the machine to cut
- Sorts material parts after cuts are made.
- Install T-nuts according to according to specifications
- Load cut parts on shelves
- Deliver shelves to the framing area
- Count and report rejected parts (notify assistant supervisor)
- Clean and maintain work area
- Monitors the performance of the machine and reports any issues
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to read basic instructions and manuals
- Basic familiarity operating a computer
- Ability to work independently
- Flexibility to work a changing work schedule according to production demands
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in cold and hot environments
- Ability to work with strict deadlines
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in a production environment using safety equipment including eyewear, earplugs and safety gloves.
- Forklift experience a plus