Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at American Leather
- 09-Mar-2019 to 08-Nov-2019 (CST)
- Dallas, TX, USA
- Full Time
In 1990, American Leather was founded on the revolutionary idea that custom leather furniture could be made and shipped in three weeks or less. In the 25 years since American Leather has evolved from setting a precedent with that quick-ship delivery to set the standards by which all other custom furniture manufacturers are measured.
While impressive, our growth can't be measured merely by headcount and the size of our factory. It is measured by our innovation, technological advances, and performance. It is measured by the dynamic collections we introduce each year. It is measured by our commitment to and the loyalty of our customers. And finally, it is measured by our resolve to do the right thing: maintaining U.S. manufacturing jobs and enhancing the quality of life of our employees even as the industry continues to turn to offshore manufacturing.
Located in Southwest Dallas on Mountain Creek Parkway and Interstate 20, American Leather is proud to offer a diverse and positive work environment, a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental insurance, 401K plan, a bonus incentive and an entrepreneurial culture that promotes and rewards excellence, and an on on-site wellness center.
Currently, we are seeking Upholsterers who are able to work full time (40 hours per week) and flexible for Saturday work (as needed for overtime). The position will require continuous standing while operating hand tools and air compressed staple guns to adhere to leather and fabric to wood furniture frames.
Other Responsibilities will include:
- Upholster fabric and leather furniture
- Secures fabric and leather using a staple gun. Air racket and drill is used to assemble the final piece.
- Match covers material with the correct frame
- Take cover material and upholsterer all frame parts.
- Reads traveler instructions on product specifications including medallion, leg color, welt or brass tack, springs or webbing, and other order requirements
- Correct any crooked seams and staple bumps
- Visually inspect work to ensure quality
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITY
- Must be able to safely use air tools including:
- Staple gun
- Air racket
- Ability to recognize proper nuts, bolts, and screws per style.
- Ability to work with welt on front post.
- Ability to assemble frame and or mechanisms to the frames as required.
- Ability to inspect work as being upholstered and this includes sewing mistakes and bad leather or fabric.
- Physical strength to pull hard materials onto the frame for long periods or time
- Must check seams and quality when a piece is complete.
Essential Job Functions
- Frequent lifting of furniture (10lbs.-75lbs)
- Occasional bending
- Occasional pushing/pulling
- Frequent reaching overhead while lifting a 10 lb. air gun
- Continuous standing during an 8-10-hour shift