AMERICAN SPECIALTY HEALTH, INC.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Administrator II
at AMERICAN SPECIALTY HEALTH, INC.
Systems Administrator II
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a Systems Administrator II to join our Information Technology Operations department. This position will provide system administration and manage network related projects.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health's events on our events page.
- Performs system adds, moves, and changes and performs weekly system maintenance and backups.
- Tests, installs and configures new equipment related hardware and software.
- Designs, creates, tests and implements projects and administrative applications.
- Provides support for applications and actively participate in work flow optimization based on department and project demands.
- Performs daily network administration tasks.
- Stays current on updates and service packs for network operating systems and software.
- Maintains tape backup systems and coordinates off site storage.
- Coordinates with application development team to maintain successful integration between desktops and custom applications.
- Supports ESX hosts and VDI users.
- Implements and maintains corporate email system.
- Implements and maintains storage area network (SAN).
- Implements and maintains server clusters and load balancing.
- Implements and maintains web servers; security, backup/recovery, IIS and related problems.
- Coordinates firewall, VPN, switch, and router installations and modifications.
- Performs minor cabling repairs and tests cable and fiber equipment; and coordinates and oversees cabling installations.
- Maintains cross connect wiring and network patching.
- Maintains back-end telecommunication services including voice and data T-1’s, PRI’s, fax server channel banks, SIP, MPLS circuits, Computer Telephony Integration, etc.
- Orders, installs and maintains headsets.
- Maintains Forum teleconferencing, Prairie Fyre, Web Chat, Mitel UC, Teleworker, NuPoint voice mail, Verint Workforce Management, Oaisys Tracer call recording and Voive4Net IVR systems.
- Installs and configures client software on users PC’s for teleconferencing, Prairie Fyre Realtime and reporting suite and UC Advanced Desktop.
- Maintains overhead paging, background music, and music on hold systems.
- Maintains Auto Attendants and Attendant Operator Console Software.
- Maintains knowledge of latest computer telephony-related software and hardware.
- Meets with department staff to develop, review and refine telecommunication applications.
- Performs end user training and troubleshooting.
- Travels to maintain remote office telecommunication systems as needed.
- On call 24/7.
- Provides support to systems support technicians for high-level support issues.
- Performs end user technical support as needed.
- Acts as backup for systems support supervisor and help desk as needed.
- Maintains database of voice and data communication services and reviews daily phone reports.
- Maintains equipment inventory.
- Updates ticket tracking software.
- Interacts with vendors.
- Maintains satellite TV system.
- Maintains companywide Rightfax local and toll free numbers.
- Administers and supports wireless data devices.
- Issues and maintains company provided cell phones. Provisions BYOD and supports end users with MDM software, wireless air cards, two-way radios, and accessories.
- Maintains accurate floor plans by using AutoSketch (CAD related software).
- Attends industry seminars, conferences, training classes and reads industry journals to stay current on technology.
- Prepares and submits written progress reports, spreadsheets, timelines and other written documentation as directed by manager.
- Attends team, departmental, and staff meetings to discuss issues and foster teamwork.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience high school diploma required.
- MCSE 20xx or MCITP-EA. preferred.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) preferred.
- Mitel 5000 & 3300 Certification preferred.
- Minimum 4 years applied systems administration in a mission critical Windows Server 2008/2012 or telecommunications environment.
- Experience working with Video Conferencing.
- Experience working with Work Force Management Solutions preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2012, Windows networking, Active Directory, Exchange 2007/2010/2013, IIS, application deployment, clustering, load balancing, Cisco UCS, VMware ESX, VMware View, and SAN technologies.
- Familiarity with backup technologies, SharePoint, MS SQL Server, and network switching.
- Proven troubleshooting skills and a team player.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record. Availability of automobile for on the job use and proof of insurance.