AmTrust Financial Services, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Engineer - SSIS
at AmTrust Financial Services, inc.
- Requisition ID
- Information Technology
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc., is a multinational property and casualty insurance company and operates through a number of subsidiaries. Business operations are divided into three segments: Small Commercial Business insurance, Specialty Risk and Extended Warranty insurance, and Specialty Middle-Market Property and Casualty insurance. The company’s main regions of operations are North America, the United Kingdom and Europe.
This position is an individual contributor opportunity geared for the two year (or more) Information Technology professional. We’re looking for a motivated individual with the ability to handle enhancements and bug fixes on existing code projects or assist on new projects while having the ability to evolve into a primary role in the future. You will have the opportunity to directly interface with the business on developing timelines, clarifying requirements and identifying enhancements to applications.
• Will be responsible for handling enhancements and bug fixes on existing ASP.NET web sites.
• May evolve into a primary role on a web application handling builds and all incoming enhancements and bug fixes.
• Will be asked to contribute towards general architectural enhancements and direction of the software.
• Interface with business analysts to discuss timelines, and clarify requirements as it pertains to new projects and/or enhancements and bug fixes.
• Write intermediate to advanced SQL queries to consume in an application.
• Use jQuery and other client scripting tools to help enhance the front end of ASP.NET web sites.
• Advanced knowledge of object oriented development concepts.
• Experience with .NET Framework.
• ASP.NET experience required. MVC experience preferred.
• Knowledgeable in design patterns.
• Strong communicator
• Advanced knowledge of SQL and SQL querying
• College Degree desired
• Service Oriented Architecture knowledge is a plus.
• SSIS – 5+ years
• SQL – 5+ years
• SSRS – 2+ years
• VB.net – 5+ years
• SDLC/Project Life Cycle – 5+ years
• Web Services Development – 2+ years
• Stored Procedures – 2+ years
• DB2 application SQL scripting – a plus, but not required
• JAVA is a nice to have, but not required
• WebSphere is a nice to have, but not required
• Experience/familiar with finance interfaces
• Quick turnaround on production issues
• Good verbal and written communication skills
What We Offer:
AmTrust Financial Services offers a great work environment, competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical and Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, and Paid Time Off.