Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Product Specialist - Automation, Corinth, TX
Anixter offers the industry’s most extensive portfolio of products, services and solutions for the Public Power, Investor-owned Utilities, Construction and Industrial markets. We offer value-added solutions — including industry leading technology, inventory management and after-hours emergency and storm supply — all designed to make our customers more successful. Our continued growth has created a need for a full time Senior Product Specialist position. If you want to become a part of our winning team, we want to hear from you.
Responsible for partnering with sales to provide specialist expertise and answer questions regarding products and services. Demonstrate how product/services can solve customer issues and create sales opportunities.
- Provides technical expertise as a specialist for product solutions to existing vertical customers and Outside Sales Representatives
(design build / service contractors and industrial).
- Conducts detailed product demonstrations and supports pre-sale activities.
- Targets new retrofit customers and projects utilizing product solutions benefits and contractor/turnkey partnerships.
- Specifies products to meet customer requirements and needs, recommends inventory of products, and provides quotations working through existing branch representatives.
- Partners with Purchasing and Regional Management to suggest inventory and manage price levels for all retrofit projects based on category objectives and supplier preference.
- Develops and maintains relationships with vendors and customers, focusing on key agents and serving as liaison from category management to the field. Negotiates pricing with local representatives and suppliers.
- Analyzes market conditions and relationships to develop counter merchandising program that supports category initiatives.
- Trains and assists sales staff with product familiarity, new product development, related product technology, and sales skills.
We are looking for candidates with:
- 2-5 years of contract negotiation
- Electrical Constructional and Industrial experience
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel 75% of the time.
We offer an excellent pay and benefits that includes:
- Excellent medical, dental, life and disability insurances
(k) with company match
- Tuition assistance
- Paid holidays and vacation
Anixter is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran. We require all of our employees to perform work in an ethical manner and uphold a culture of honesty and ethics at all times.