Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Harbison-Fischer - Straightener Operator - 3rd shift - Crowley, TX
The straightener operator is responsible for the daily production of barrels through utilization of straightener equipment and inspection processes while following standard work methods to meet customer expectations.
- Basic math skills and the ability to read blueprints are prerequisites.
- Basic knowledge of machine tools is required with actual experience preferred.
- Use of micrometers, calipers, and other common shop tools is required.
- Must be able to read and comprehend manufacturing documents and other company publications related to the job and all safety notifications.
- Preferably have some experience in the use of computers.
- Lifting of up to 30 pounds repeatedly during the day and standing or walking in the work area for most of the day are requirements of the job.
- Perform repetitive motions throughout process.
- Stay on task to complete activities.
- Must have the ability to work in an elevated temperature environment.
- Must be a reliable worker with good work references, including a good attendance history, and must work required over time during times of increased business.
Other skill sets and work histories can be considered as meeting some of the above requirements and on-the-job training will be provided as required.
High school diploma or equivalent, such as GED.
or equivalent education and/or experience.
Associate's degree or equivalent in Business Administration or related field.
Two years of relevant experience.
- The ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.