Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HR Generalist / Recruiter
Supports human resources activities for Harbison-Fischer manufacturing and field locations; providing fully cycle recruiting from vacancy through onboarding. Partners with hiring managers to attract, hire and retain talent. Provides HR support on special projects.
This role will support 75% recruitment and 25% generalist within HR.
- Consults with human resource manager and hiring managers to understand staffing needs; creates and posts internal and external postings.
- Collects resumes; conducts pre-interview calls; schedules and conducts interviews.
- Schedules pre-employment drug & alcohol tests; administers the pre-employment background check; conducts reference checks.
- Prepares offer letters, conducts new hire orientation and coordinates all on-boarding activities.
- Consult with hiring managers to deliver innovative and efficient solutions for hiring needs
- Develop specific recruiting plans to achieve a pool of qualified candidates.
- Use recruiting tools such as; applicant tracking, job boards, social media, as well as cold calling to fill open requisitions rapidly with qualified employees.
- Network and build relationships within key talent communities for short and/or long term opportunities
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the top competitors and the industry
- Use talent market expertise, data, and business acumen to educate and influence hiring managers on how to identify and acquire the best talent
- Understand our broader business and be able to answer questions around Apergy strategy, goals, and culture
- Disclose and discuss critical recruiting data observed in marketplace; bring suggestions and solutions to more efficiently fill roles
- Ensure compliance with provincial/state and federal statutes related to human resources, including analyzing and evaluating the impact of proposed legislation and rule changes.
- Prepares reports and analyses on recruiting and hiring activities; assists manager with workforce planning analyses.
- Liaises with various agencies, businesses, and professional organizations related to recruiting for a variety of employee populations.
- Develop and conduct training programs on interviewing and related topics.\
- Coordinates special HR projects.
- Maintains confidentiality of all matters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field from an accredited college or university
- SHRM or HRCI Certification
- Recruiting in manufacturing and/or oil and gas industry.
- 5 years recruiting experience.
- Experience recruiting using social media platforms.
- Experience recruiting in manufacturing and/or the oil and gas industry.
Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (preferably Ultimate)