Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Arteriors is seeking an experienced Designer who will be responsible for the design and development of lighting, furniture, wall decor and decorative accessories.? This position requires a highly motivated and experienced problem solver who can see the process from conception through final sample.? They must be able to react quickly and multitask, keep current on design and brand appropriate trends, as well as partner and collaborate with cross functional partners.
Arteriors is a high-growth, dynamic home furnishings wholesaler with an employee-centered culture that stresses achieving results and having fun along the journey.? We are a go-to resource to interior designers and luxury retailers around the globe. Our award-winning lighting, accent furniture, mirrors and accessories are frequently featured in shelter magazines like Architectural Digest and Elle Decor. Our products are also a favorite among TV and movie set designers.
- Create innovative and brand appropriate design solutions.
- Complete detailed design briefs for all new product development.
- Present design solutions to the Design Team and Creative Director.
- Respond to critique and direction with an open mind.
- Work closely with Design Team and Creative Director to develop a cohesive product assortment that both fulfill business needs, as well as pushing the envelope with new product development.
- Attend follow-up meetings for all products and manage workload accordingly.
- Regular communication between factories and design management team for successful product development.
- Research globally and domestically for new materials, processes and fabrications.
- Research and present new product and trend ideas for each season.
- Occasional travel to factories for development and execution of products domestic and overseas.
- Degree in Product, Industrial or Furniture Design, required?
- 4-6 Years working in the design industry
- Technical knowledge of home hard goods product including furniture, lighting, decorative accessories and wall decor
- Knowledge of construction details, manufacturing processes and material specifications
- Ability to sketch ideas for communication to the team and the vendors
- Ability to create detailed product specifications to be sent to vendors for manufacture
- Strong Computer skills: Adobe Creative Suite, as well as AutoCAD are a must. Solidworks a plus
- Outstanding taste level and sense of home and overall design trends
- Ability to work within a team to create the best product that is focused on our customer
- Ability to respond to business objectives with creative and innovative design solutions
- Ability to successfully manage workload efficiently
- Ability to research and report on industry trend direction, color direction, and materials
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with partners
- Organization skills, this job requires multi tasking on many levels.