Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Austin Industries
- Requisition ID
- Construction and Extraction
Austin Commercial is currently seeking an experienced Equipment Coordinator to join the team at the Irving, Texas equipment division. This position is located near Loop 12 and Union Bower. We excel at what we do and are looking for talented construction professionals that want to excel with us.
The Equipment Coordinator will oversee shipping and receiving, ensuring that proper and accurate transfers are written on all items shipped and received to and from the Equipment Yard as well as items moved from job to job. They also directs and controls the scheduling and execution of concrete pumping operations, truck hauling and miscellaneous services in a safe and cost effective manner in support of field operations.
- Logistical planning including the scheduling and dispatching of haul and concrete pump trucks
- Initiates, prices, and codes transfers to ensure proper tracking and control over company assets and billing codes. Prices and codes concrete pump tickets.
- Manages concrete pumping, hauling, and miscellaneous service operations in support of field operations. In addition seeks out concrete pumping opportunities with external clients. Maintains market price data on which price recommendations are made.
- Coordinates logistical activities with other departments and supports jobsites on equipment needs with prompt and timely service, aides in the troubleshooting of jobsite issues of a varying nature including billing questions
- Initial review and sorting of incoming invoices to ensure the proper distribution to the correct departments for approval and coding
- Obtains permits for overweight, over width, over hang and hub permits for Haul Trucks, Concrete Pump Trucks and Mobil Cranes
- Maintains equipment inventory records and monitors equipment utilization
- Oversees random and post-accident drug and alcohol testing for division personnel and DOT drivers per company procedures and DOT requirements
- Manages and maintains DOT files and required paperwork
- Ensures compliance with all corporate and division policies and procedures as well as federal, state, and municipal laws related to equipment sales, rentals, and related services including all dealing with employment, compensation, health, safety, labor/management relations, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience in construction equipment management
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook) experience required
- Supervisory experience for a small team
- Detail oriented problem solver, quick learner, and independent worker
- Strong analytical skills
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to work with all levels within the company
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Willing to work overtime as needed
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and a matching 401K plan. We are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company! To learn more about Austin’s Employee Ownership history, please go to http://www.austin-ind.com/core-values.html
Austin Commercial is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No Agency Inquiries Please
Austin Industries and all operating divisions (Austin Bridge & Road, Austin Commercial, and Austin Industrial) do not accept unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names or summaries from staffing agencies, search firms, or third-party recruiters. Any unsolicited resumes submitted to Austin Industries, or any of its employee-owners, becomes the property of Austin Industries and Austin Industries will not pay a placement fee.
About Austin Commercial
Austin Commercial is one of the largest, most diversified builders in the United States. We are nationally recognized for our exceptional safety records, diversity inclusion program and our innovative construction solutions in the following markets: advanced technology, aviation, corporate/office, healthcare, hospitality, mission critical, mixed-use/retail/residential, public assembly and sports, and university.
An equal employment opportunity employer
Austin ("The Company") is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.