Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Austin Industries
- Requisition ID
- Construction and Extraction
Do you want to make a difference when it comes to building iconic transportation infrastructure projects? Are you looking to put your strong safety skills to use?
Austin Bridge & Road is currently seeking a Safety Coordinator for a projects in the Dallas / Fort Worth area. We excel at what we do and are looking for talented professionals that want to excel with us.
The safety coordinator will provide support to the safety director by implementing safety review of job sites; ensure safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment; and safety training to office and field personnel. This includes safety support to all active job sites in the North Texas Division and the DFW Paving Division.
This position will be a largely night shift position through the summer.
- Gather information necessary to identify possible exposures and effects to any existing hazards associated with the project and its operations
- Devise methods (strategies) and make recommendations in eliminating/controlling hazard exposures
- Develop, prepare and conduct training as needed to inform employees of proper working methods, controls and personal protective equipment needed for specific work task
- Create, develop and present safety-training programs as assigned to include specialized, re-certification, new hire orientation and procedural sessions
- Ensure all training records are well documented and properly filed
- Attend training sessions as needed to improve professional skills
- Provide solutions for identified hazards
- Interact with field personnel, supervision and management to disseminate safety information
- Conduct and/or attend incident investigations when required
- Generate, create and distribute all reports correctly and in a timely manner
- Attend project site safety meetings weekly
- Conduct daily walk through of work areas
- Assist in pre-job activities to promote integration of safety into production elements
- Provide first aid treatment at level of care as needed
- Report unsafe conditions to management
- Maintain company safety and health programs
- Perform administrative tasks as needed
- Establish treatment centers at project locations in case of medical needs
- Perform accident investigations as needed
- Review incoming safety correspondence and act accordingly
- Provide on-going support for project safety related needs
- Advise management of changes in regulations as needed
- Ensure all reporting is performed in a timely manner
- Promote safety as a fundamental in every job
- Develop and disseminate weekly safety communication to field personnel
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 1 to 2 years' of experience solely dedicated to construction safety
- Degree in occupational safety or equivalent preferred, but may be substituted by CHST, CSP, or CHSO certification
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Be proficient with MS Office Applications
- HCSS safety software experience a plus
- Have excellent oral and written communication with team members and stakeholders
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and a matching 401K plan. We are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company! To learn more about Austin’s Employee Ownership history, please go to http://www.austin-ind.com/core-values.html
Austin Bridge & Road is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Austin Bridge and Road
A leader in the heavy highway and transportation infrastructure industry for more than 100 years, Austin Bridge & Road has built landmark projects from Arizona to North Carolina, including complex urban highway interchanges, tollways, runways, port facilities, border crossings, automated people mover guide-ways and specialty bridges. Our customers rely on our expertise in construction management on conventionally bid projects and newer procurement methods, including design-build, construction manager at-risk and construction management/general contracting.
It is the policy of Austin Bridge & Road, L.P. to assure that applicants are employed and that employees are treated during employment without regards to their race, religion, sex, color or national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics or status. Such action shall include: employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship, pre-apprenticeship, and/or on-the-job training.
No Agency Inquiries Please
Austin Industries and all operating divisions (Austin Bridge & Road, Austin Commercial, and Austin Industrial) do not accept unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names or summaries from staffing agencies, search firms, or third-party recruiters. Any unsolicited resumes submitted to Austin Industries, or any of its employee-owners, becomes the property of Austin Industries and Austin Industries will not pay a placement fee.