Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Austin Industries
- Requisition ID
- Construction and Extraction
Do you want to make a difference when it comes to building iconic transportation infrastructure projects? Are you looking to put your strong construction skills to use while building roads and bridges?
Austin Bridge & Road is currently seeking an experienced Wall Foreman for projects in Dallas, Texas. The first project assignment is near highway 635 and 75. We excel at what we do and are looking for talented construction professionals that want to excel with us.
The Wall Foreman is responsible for providing supervision and coordination of a four to eight men crew to build various MSE walls. The goals of this position include scheduling work to meet timetables in a safe manner and to meet estimated costs. The person must maintain a good working relationship with inspectors, developers, vendors, and subcontractors.
Work schedule may be day or night depending on targeted completion schedule.
- Manage a small amount of onsite equipment
- Execute “Look Ahead” schedules
- Manage craftsmen and laborers, equipment and materials
- Safety and equipment inspections
- Logistics planning
- Scheduling construction daily and weekly
- Execute project work plans
- Manage crews productively and efficiently
- Training of others on the crew
- Purchasing of materials, tools, and supplies
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Perform quality work to meet requirements
- Additional duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience in building various MSE walls
- Knowledge of concrete forming systems, carpentry skills, concrete placement, and finishing skills
- Experience in supervising crew
- Experience using HCSS Heavy Job (tablet based)
- Osha 10 hr, First Aid/CPR, rigging, flagging, fall protection, trench excavation, and manlift
- Must have a strong commitment to jobsite safety
- Diligent in demonstrating safe work practices.
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, and a matching 401K plan. We are proud to be a 100% Employee Owned Company! To learn more about Austin’s Employee Ownership history, please go to http://www.austin-ind.com/core-values.html
Austin Bridge & Road is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Austin Bridge and Road
A leader in the heavy highway and transportation infrastructure industry for more than 100 years, Austin Bridge & Road has built landmark projects from Arizona to North Carolina, including complex urban highway interchanges, tollways, runways, port facilities, border crossings, automated people mover guide-ways and specialty bridges. Our customers rely on our expertise in construction management on conventionally bid projects and newer procurement methods, including design-build, construction manager at-risk and construction management/general contracting.
It is the policy of Austin Bridge & Road, L.P. to assure that applicants are employed and that employees are treated during employment without regards to their race, religion, sex, color or national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics or status. Such action shall include: employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship, pre-apprenticeship, and/or on-the-job training.
No agency inquiries please. Austin Industries and all operating divisions (Austin Bridge & Road, Austin Commercial, and Austin Industrial) do not accept unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names or summaries from staffing agencies, search firms, or third-party recruiters. Any unsolicited resumes submitted to Austin Industries, or any of its employee-owners, becomes the property of Austin Industries and Austin Industries will not pay a placement fee.