Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Database Administrator (DBA) - III
at Avacend, Inc.
- Production DBA Experience is must.
- Implementing, upgrading, administering, and maintaining SQL SERVER databases in the Commercial Data Systems (CDS) organization.
- Builds and successfully integrates complex, multiTerabyte
OLTP and Data Warehousing databases with minimal supervision.
- Ensures optimal database performance through exhaustive preservice testing and ongoing real-time monitoring.
- Troubleshoots issues to resolution.
- Maintains database security and enterprise policy guidelines according to best practices.
- Recommends new and improved guidelines to ensure high availability and stability.
- Works directly with internal customers to plan, evaluate, and design network databases in accordance with team and company standards.
- Conducts benchmark tests to gauge hardware capacity and meet application capacity requirements.
- Documents business and technical requirements.
- Creates technically viable, cost effective system designs and develops customer focused implementation strategies.
- Mentors other DBAs in the group.
- Provides tasks and timelines to support the creation of project plans with appropriate updates for those tasks throughout the project lifecycle.
- Performs on-call duties as assigned on a rotational basis.
- Occasional overnight travel to other company work locations as required.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical
Engineering or other related degree, relevant military experience.
- Sql Server DBA (2008/2014/2016) with 5-8 years of experience supporting production.
- Expertise in Sql server upgrade.
- Strong experience in monitoring and tuning sql server databases for optimum performance and assistance in capacity planning of sql server database servers.
- Extremely proficient in SQL Server Backup.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with sql server replication and SSIS
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with the windows operating
system and storage to be able to design high performance environment
- SQL development including package/ procedure/ trigger/ XML/scripting development in a multiuser production environment.
- Must possess excellent organization skills.
- Must be able to prioritize and support multiple concurrent projects with inputs from multiple groups.
- Able to work independently with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to function in a tight knit team environment and must be willing to work Change Control windows on a very regular basis.