AZZ Lighting Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at AZZ Lighting Systems
Aztec Tubular Products - Crowley, Texas www.azz.com/aztec-tubing, subsidiary of AZZ, Inc.,
General Description: Do you enjoy working with your hands in a small, friendly team environment that also enjoys the benefits of being part of a great company? If so, Aztec Tubular Products is willing to train someone who has a genuine interest in learning how to set up and operate numerically controlled machines to thread oilfield tubing to specifications.
Education, Certifications, Licenses and Registrations: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Preferred (but not Required) Specialized Knowledge/Skills/Experience:
- One to three years of experience focused in machine technology.
- Experience in Mazak or Mori Seiki.
- Ability to operate CNC lathe and read and edit CNC code.
- Ability to read tape measure and blueprints.
- Ability to properly use precision measuring tools such as caliper and micrometers.
- Confers with Lead Person or Supervisor to confirm job requirements and quantities.
- Identifies material to be used and loads material onto or into machine.
- Loads program into machine and enters commands to activate pre-programed machine instructions.
- Manipulates controls and enters commands to index cutting tool to the specified set point and to start machine; changes cutting tools and adjusts feed and speed rates as needed.
- Observes and listens to machine operation so detect malfunctions; refers to machine manual to troubleshoot malfunctions.
- Measures pieces for conformance to specifications and verifies the correct quantity has been produced; notifies Lead Person or Supervisor of any discrepancies.
- Performs ongoing housekeeping duties to keep work area clear of scrap and debris.
Work Environment: Heavy manufacturing with loud noise levels. Enclosed, but not air conditioned, work areas.
Physical Demands: Two-thirds of the time is spent standing and using hands. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Schedule: Full Time
Travel Requirement: None
For full-time employees, AZZ Inc. offers a comprehensive benefits package that covers a wide range of services to meet your unique needs. It also offers you the opportunity to invest in your future and purchase additional financial security for yourself and your family. You know your needs better than anyone. That is why AZZ Inc. offers options with many features, varying levels of coverage and at affordable costs, leaving it up to you to decide what benefits you need.