Bain & Company, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Knowledge Management Specialist (Technology Practice)
at Bain & Company, Inc.
- Job ID
- Posted Date
- Knowledge Management
- Regular Full-Time
- Location : Location
WHO WE ARE
Bain & Company is a leading global consulting firm, serving clients from offices in all major global cities. We work with top executives to help them make better decisions, convert those decisions to actions, and deliver the sustainable success they desire.
Knowledge Management is critical to harness the best of our consulting staffs’ individual and collective expertise. Our practices are critical to Bain’s commercial success and are a key strategic priority. Bain’s Practices support teams across the globe with industry, capability, and enabler expertise and knowledge.
The Technology Practice team supports our industry-leading strategy consulting teams in serving clients in the Hardware, Software and IT Services sectors. We are part of Bain’s broader Technology, Media and Telecom Practice.
The mission of the Technology Knowledge Specialist is to:
- Capture and share Bain’s expertise in the Tech sector across Hardware, Software and IT Services
- Highlight and optimize knowledge used in selling situations and in the delivery of consulting projects
- Enhance Bain’s Tech sector knowledge base on critical themes, products, or trends impacting our clients
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Identify, capture, and package our consulting teams’ and senior practice members’ knowledge in the Tech sector within the Americas region
- Collect, analyze, codify, and share data and information using our global knowledge management platform
- Identify gaps in our existing knowledge base and proactively suggest improvements or ways to fill those gaps
- Work directly with consulting teams, in coordination with other Knowledge Specialists and practices, to understand key insights from project work
Use own accumulated expertise to identify content that could enhance our knowledge base, fuel consultant’s thinking on their clients’ challenges, and enable our commercial success
- Advise and guide them towards the best information to help answer client questions
- Help identify and connect experts within the Bain network to consulting teams
- Develop or package summary documents for experienced and senior audiences (up to executive level)
Work together with Bain’s Information Services or other departments to collectively provide consultants the best view of our internal and external knowledge of the Tech sector
Contribute to the development and execution of the Practice strategy
- Track and analyze underlying drivers of practice performance
- Assist with content planning and logistics for annual practice meetings
- Drive practice affiliate engagement, including preparation for experience-sharing calls and publications
Serve and contribute as a member of the department and larger Bain community, in line with Bain’s Operating Principles
- Prioritize work, communicate issues and progress to supervisor
- Assign, review, and provide feedback on junior practice member’s work
- Demonstrate flexibility with the changing demands of the industry, the leadership team, and commercial demand for varying products
- Adopt a mindset of supporting and contributing to Bain’s team-focused community (e.g. training, mentoring, projects)
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum BA or equivalent undergraduate degree with strong academic credentials; Undergraduate degree in one of the below relevant fields would be a plus:
- Technology-related degrees like Information Systems & Technology or Science, Technology & Society
- Library Sciences / Knowledge Management
- Business / Economics
- Preferred 4 to 6 years of experience (minimum 3+) in a professional services environment or major tech company with exposure to one or more of the following disciplines: consulting, research and analysis, knowledge management, strategic planning, business development, product development, marketing, and/or project managementInterest in the business side of the Tech sector is a must; industry experience working in the Tech sector is strongly recommended
- Good business sense combined with structured problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and sometimes demanding professional environment; ability to juggle multiple priorities and work independently
- Attentive to detail and organized; ownership mentality and commitment to high-quality results
- Intellectual curiosity, creative, positive mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to team with colleagues across the globe
- Exceptional customer service attitude
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including ability to engage with senior business executives
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Word; ability or desire to learn tools such as Tableau
WHAT BAIN CAN OFFER YOU
We are proud to be publically recognized around the globe as a great place to work. Bain has ranked as a top company in Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” list for the past decade. Our global offices share a diverse and energetic environment and we are committed to fostering a supportive and positive culture.
The Knowledge Specialist role provides an exciting, long-term career path within Bain. We invest in your development with regular and customized training as you progress. This role offers the opportunity to learn and grow for years within a supportive and collaborative department. We offer a competitive base salary and bonus. In addition, Bain’s comprehensive benefits program is carefully designed to help meet the needs of you and your family for security and protection.