Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Private Equity Fund Accountant
at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
- Job ID
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
Private Equity Fund Staff Accountant
Baker Tilly has an immediate opening for a bright, hard-working individual to work within the Investment Fund Administration Services group, which is focused on outsourced private equity accounting. This individual will be an integral part of an emerging and rapidly growing business unit – every day brings new adventures and challenges serving our dynamic private equity clients across the country. In addition to the below qualifications, positive candidate attributes include strong client communication skills, attention to detail, adaptability, having a proactive approach to work, and displaying a positive attitude and an eagerness to learn and grow.
- Records daily journal entries and reviews cash reporting
- Helps prepare quarterly and annual reporting packages for management approval
- Helps prepare quarterly and annual financial statements for management approval
- Prepares capital calls and distributions for management approval
- Coordinates the delivery of capital call and distributions notices to clients and the investors
- Prepares and reviews correspondence with client investors to address inquires as needed
- Manages client investor portals
- Coordinates and completes special projects as directed by management
- Performs other duties as assigned
- BBA/BS in Accounting required, from a top-tier school; CPA license (or in process) preferred
- 1-2 years of experience with a public accounting firm, investment bank, or the financial services industry (or general interest in supporting private equity fund operations and accounting)
- Excellent communication, time management, planning, and problem solving skills and the ability to multitask required
- Must be able to communicate and interact professionally and effectively through written and verbal communication with current and potential clients
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Eagerness to learn and strong work ethic
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Knowledge of Investran or other partnership accounting software a plus
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.