Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
- Job ID
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion. Visit bakertilly.com or join the conversation on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
It’s an exciting time to join Baker Tilly!
- Lead multiple client service teams on client engagements and provide outstanding service
- Serve as the primary business advisor to clients with the attitude to help in any way we can
- Perform technical review of all tax documents
- Identify and execute value added tax projects in a wide variety of industries and jurisdictions
- Actively participate in client meetings and maintain proactive communication with clients to build meaningful relationships
- Inspire and teach staff to enable them to reach their maximum potential
- Represent the firm in community activities and professional associations
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Taxation
- CPA eligible
- 2-5 years of Public Accounting experience in demonstrating a progression in complexity , scope, and number of tax engagements completed simultaneously or a combination of family office and (2 years minimum) public accounting experience
- Concentrated experience with trust, estate, gift, complex individual and state tax returns
- Light experience with corp, partnership, S-Corp income taxation and tax-exempt organizations
- Work within tight deadlines and take responsibility for getting the job done in a timely manner
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing with clients, taxing authorities, partners and peers
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Desire to train, coach, and mentor junior staff
- Ability for light travel
- Available to work extended hours during busy seasons
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Taxation
- Active CPA license
- Exceptional written, interpersonal, and presentation skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
- Ability to apply critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Highly organized with great attention to detail
- Previous use of CCH ProSystem fx tax software
- Knowledge of tax research sources including BNA and RIA Checkpoint
Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.