Bank of America Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Core Java Developer
at Bank of America Corporation
**Candidates requiring visa sponsorship will not be considered for this position**
This position will be located at our Plano, TX, technology center only. No remote or virtual options
Bank of America is looking to build out their application Development capabilities in the Plano, TX Market. The Developer work side by side with business partners to ensure expected quality software is built to serve our customers and clients. They will be responsible for understanding the business requirements, Build/enhance application components to support the requirement, enabling testing organization to certify the application, Support technology infrastructure team in production deployment and transitioning to support team. The Developer is expected to learn the business and technical components of an application and Work with their peers to follow enterprise software development methodologies. Grow your career in our dynamic and fast paced environment of diverse software platforms and challenging projects that shape the future of the banking industry. Will not have direct reports. Routine accountability is for technical knowledge and capabilities.
- Will be responsible for requirements analysis, High Level Design, Low Level Design and complex code development
- May provide technical direction and system architecture for individual initiatives. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource.
- Communicates with line of business and management the overall status and health of the application.
- Excellent communication skills. Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical partners.
- Understand the organization’s overall strategies, how the business operates and more importantly what drives success in the business.
- Must be willing and able to express new ideas, concerns and opinions directly to wider team in team meetings face-to-face and via remote-working tools.
- May collaborate with external programmers to coordinate delivery of software application.
- Routine accountability is for technical knowledge and capabilities.
- Works under minimal supervision, with general guidance from more seasoned consultants
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
Must have these skills to be minimally qualified.
- 7+ years of relevant IT software experience (Development SDLC lifecycle)
- 5+ years of experience in JAVA development using Spring, Spring MVC and Spring Batch
- Strong Core Java Skills
- Strong in Unit Testing, Integration Testing and Mocking
- Experience in WebServices (JAXRPC, JAXWS and JAXRS) technologies and Development approaches.
- Basic Knowledge of XML Schema, JSON, YAML and Processing Technologies (Parsers, JAXB, XSLT etc)
- Good Understanding of Core Java Patterns and J2EE Design Patterns ( like Adapters, Business Objects, Delegates, Service Locator, Singleton, DAO, DTO)
- Familiarity and good understanding of multithreading
- At least 2 of the following: Websphere/Weblogic/Tomcat/JBOSS
- IDE – Eclipse / Spring tool Suite
- Quick learner and self-starter who requires minimal supervision to excel in a dynamic environment
- Ability to acquire business domain knowledge quickly and effectively to take a role of subject matter expert for multiple applications\ Deep understanding of the software development and support process
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building REST web services is preferred
- Extensive development experience in various open source frameworks like Apache CXF, Hibernate, Dozer, Apache Camel
- Strong hands on experience on database in using RDBMS/SQL Familiarity and exposure to DB2 is a plus.
- Multiple roles, candidate needs to be strong either in Java middle tier service development or in Java full stack development
- Spring boot experience
- Frameworks - Struts and JSF
- JDBC, SQL Stored Procedures, Data Modeling
- UNIX Commands
- Experience with Integration tools like Mulesoft is a plus
- Familiarity with IBM MQ Middleware
- Familiarity with TFS and preferably GIT
- Agile Delivery
- Exhibit a strong sense of teamwork and inclusiveness.
- Must be a self-starter, motivated, innovative, capable of, providing technical solutions.
- Adaptability and ability to work under pressure.
- Prior banking/finance experience of working with globally distributed teams
- Able to contribute to Automation, System Analysis and Develop shared/common solutions
- Able to identify risks and mitigation
- Comfortable working in a matrix environment
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills and expertise to help make their lives better.
We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent around the world to ensure we continue to deliver together for our customers, clients and communities. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be a great place for people to work, and we strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
Learn about some of the ways Bank of America is making a difference in the communities we serve.
Learn about the six areas that guide Bank of America’s efforts to help make financial lives better for customers, clients, communities and our teammates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Each employee brings unique skills, background and opinions. We see diversity and inclusion as our platform for innovation and a key component in our success.
Learn about our four values that represent what we believe.