Bank of America Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Appian BPM Developer
at Bank of America Corporation
*Candidates requiring visa sponsorship will not be considered for this position. This role is located in Plano, Texas only. It is not open to telecommuting or remote arrangements.*
Develops, Analyze, enhances, debugs, supports, maintains and tests software applications that support business units or supporting functions. These application program solutions may involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools. May provide technical direction and system architecture for individual initiatives. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource. Will not have direct reports but may lead projects and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations. May have responsibility for a project and project budget. May collaborate with external programmers to coordinate delivery of software application. Routine accountability is for technical knowledge and capabilities. Works under minimal supervision, with general guidance from more seasoned consultants. Has strong communication and presentation skills. Author Technical Documentation, familiarity with SDLC process, Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Provide solution technology guidance for areas of concentration in the portfolio
- Provide end-to-end design guidance, oversight and problem management
- Provide oversight of requirements gathering and interpretation for all infrastructure impacts across the portfolio pipeline
- Provide oversight of the requirements process on key projects by clarifying requirements where and when necessary, ensure all teams understand the business reasons for the requirements
- Provide end-to-end design process guidance and oversight/provide guidance throughout the design process
- Guide teams through design challenges where and when necessary
- Provide oversight of design and implementation reviews, participate in, and lead as appropriate, design and implementation reviews during the lifecycle of a project for key business initiatives and core engineering projects before they go into production to ensure Operational Readiness
- Review final target architecture and design
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies
- Partner with architecture/development teams on business planning sessions
- Provide reviews of existing solutions including tracking/remediating issues and gaps for resiliency, risk and performance
- Provide technology guidance into strategic plans and business strategies
- Ensure technology roadmaps align appropriately to business strategies and plans
- Guide technology decisions to ensure that strategic plans converge across technology areas
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Experience with Appian 16x/17x/18x/19x versions, Ability to write complex Appian SAIL Code. Just not drag and drop
- Strong understanding of Appian Objects such as Records, Reports, Tasks, News, Sites, Actions, Expression Rules, Constants, Query Rules, Web API, Interface Rules, CDTs, Process Models. Constants, Decisions, Integrations, Connected Systems, Data Stores, Groups, Feeds etc.
- Have worked on one or more end to end Appian BPM implementation (Design/Develop/Deploy/Package)
- 5-7 years of experience in software delivery or software development
- Experience in building frameworks and BPM concepts
- Sound Knowledge of Appian Process/Solution and Infrastructure Architecture (Infrastructure Architecture must include knowledge of Appian In-Memory KDB Engines, Sizing, Scaling Vertically/Horizontally)
- Sound Knowledge App Servers such as JBOSS, TOMCAT etc. and Web Servers such as Apache etc.
- Solid fundamentals in languages such as Java. Knowledge about OOP Concepts
- Strong understanding of relational databases management systems (RDBMS), data modeling, database design, and Structured Query Language (SQL) using Oracle/SQL Server/DB2/MySQL
- Experience with configuration, deployment, and testing of enterprise software applications (CICD Preferred)
- Strong problem solving and design skills Appian-specific BPM development
- Strong understanding of various authentication and authorization mechanisms such as Siteminder (SSO), oAuth 2.0, Basic, API Key Based Authentication, LDAP, SAML, Kerberos, Certificate Based PKI Authentication, etc.
- Integration with Web Services (SOAP and REST both), ESBs such as MuleSoft, Business Rules Engine such as BLAZE/DROOLS
- Hands- On Experience in writing Appian Plugins (includes Smart Services, Function Plugins and Servlet Plugins), Connected Systems and Component UI Plugins (Preferred)
- Experience with Embedded SAIL
- Experience with J2EE Design Patterns such as JSPs, Java Servlets, EJBs, JDBC etc.
- Strong understanding of JMS Messaging Services, Spring Security Framework and Hibernate Technologies
- Expert in user interface development, engineering cross-browser, cross device compliant code
Desired Skills / Abilities:
- Ability to work within Safe Agile (Scrum/Kanban) Concepts and ability to understand and work using CICD Technologies such as Ansible,Jenkins,Bitbucket, GitHub,XLR, SonarCube and Testing Automation Technologies such as Selenium, Tosca
- Experience with Rally and JIRA tools is a plus
- Appian BPM Certification Preferred
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
At Bank of America, we’re creating real, meaningful relationships with individuals, businesses and communities to help them focus on what matters most. Every day, we connect with 57 million customers, using our skills and expertise to help make their lives better.
We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent around the world to ensure we continue to deliver together for our customers, clients and communities. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be a great place for people to work, and we strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
Learn about some of the ways Bank of America is making a difference in the communities we serve.
Learn about the six areas that guide Bank of America’s efforts to help make financial lives better for customers, clients, communities and our teammates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Each employee brings unique skills, background and opinions. We see diversity and inclusion as our platform for innovation and a key component in our success.
Learn about our four values that represent what we believe.