Benchmark Hospitality In Westlake
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Housekeeping Manager - Public Areas
at Benchmark Hospitality In Westlake
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is "to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the "benchmark" by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:This is a salaried position. The shift is 2:30 pm - 11:00 pm. You should be available to work some weekends as needed.
The Housekeeping Manager is responsible for assisting the Director of Housekeeping in overseeing the proper and smooth operation of the Housekeeping Department. The Housekeeping Manager will monitor all aspects of employee activity to ensure the highest quality in cleanliness and service.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum two years college preferred.
- Three years housekeeping experience in a management role preferred.
- Ability to handle high stress situations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Skilled in the use of electronic technology
- Detail oriented and good organizational skills.
- Assist with interviewing and hiring of all housekeeping staff.
- Help Director of Housekeeping with proper, adequate training and re-training of all housekeeping staff.
- Identify employees for possible promotions.
- As situations dictate: coach, council and or discipline employees with intent to improve performance, attitude and appearance.
- Give Commendations as warranted.
- Assist with department purchasing, maintaining consistent availability of all cleaning products, machinery, amenities, etc.
- Administer "Quality Assurance Program".
- As necessary, establish new standards to provide the guests the highest quality of service.
- Through close communication with Director of Housekeeping recommend areas in need of improvement.
- Assist with weekly/monthly inventories, with timely reporting to Accounting.
- Through proper scheduling, keep payroll costs within budgeted guidelines.
- Ensure that other expenses are kept within budgeted guidelines, through monitoring of staff handling and usage of supplies and equipment.
- Attend all scheduled meetings, i.e. Rooms Division, Department Head, Safety, etc.
- Report in either written or verbal form all information to the Director of Housekeeping.
- Responsible for proper quality control and daily monitoring of staff.
- Ensure standards of cleanliness are met in all areas of responsibility.
- Perform timely and fair performance appraisals of all staff.
- Work closely and communicate clearly with the Laundry Manager In the absence of Director of Housekeeping, assume those duties as required.
- All other duties as requested by Director of Housekeeping.
WHAT WE ARE:
- 800 room private hotel and conference center.
- Located in Westlake, Texas near Keller and Roanoke.
WHY WORK FOR US:
- Awesome Employee Events
- Paid Time Off
- Free Meals
- Medical Benefits & other Great Perks
BENCHMARK®, a global hospitality company, is a trailblazer in the development, management, marketing and owner-advisory services of resorts, hotels, conference centers and exclusive private clubs. In addition to the company’ iconic Benchmark Resorts & Hotels portfolio, the Gemstone Collection is a distinctive luxury portfolio of independent hotels & resorts in highly preferred destinations.
BENCHMARK’S distinguished and proven reputation is deeply-rooted in core values that are focused and aligned with exceeding ownership and stakeholder performance expectations. The combined portfolios feature nearly 70 unique and distinctive properties domestically and internationally. The company leadership and valued employees are passionately committed to delivering the industry’ most authentic, enchanted, soulful, vibrant, unrivaled and memory-making experience.
BENCHMARK’S progressive "Be The Difference" culture and values are a cornerstone to the company’s nearly 40 years of extraordinary achievement and prosperity. Many properties have been recognized with the Benchmark Conference Centers® mark of meeting excellence. www.benchmarkglobalhospitality.com