Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Consulting Associate - Nonprofit Advisory Services
at BKD, LLC
- Job ID
- Other Consulting Services
This person will assist in executing projects that BKD is hired to perform for the Not-For-Profit industry. The candidate will multi-task various projects with various teams and various departments to execute unmatched client service. The candidate will be responsible for execution of the projects as assigned by a senior managing consultant including interaction with clients. Projects could include grants management, accounting services, consulting, forecasting/projections and overall problem solving for Not-For-Profit clients as related to their financial systems, processes and records.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for candidates who possess a strong attention to detail, sensitivity to deadlines and enjoy working with nonprofit organizations. Dedication to client service is essential, including consistently positive interactions with clients and demonstration of effective communication and people skills.
General responsibilities will include the following:
- Work on a variety of financial, accounting and compliance projects, with a primary focus in the not-for-profit industry
- You will be trained in multiple project areas as experience is gained
- Assist with accounting outsource services including
- General ledger and financial statement preparation
- Monthly and year-end closing assistance
- Account and bank reconciliations
- Audit preparation services
- Participate in projects evaluating Federal and State grant compliance and other compliance with regulatory requirements
- Assist in assessing an organizations processes, policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Perform technical accounting research
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- Minimum of 1 year of public accounting experience and nonprofit industry experience preferred
- Background in accounting or bookkeeping
- Ability to prioritize work for multiple clients and consistently meet deadlines
- Fluency with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point)
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn new software related to the accounting functions of an organization
Successful candidates possess the following attributes:
- Professional demeanor
- Highly detail oriented
- Strong initiative and problem solving abilities
- Commitment to client service
- Demonstrated organization and time management skills
- Demonstrated communication skills, both written and verbal
Experience the BKD difference for yourself. For more information about our firm locations, visit bkd.com. BKD, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
BKD does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. BKD will not pay a fee to a recruiter or agency that does not have a signed BKD vendor agreement. Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of BKD without having a BKD vendor agreement in place will be considered property of BKD. BKD will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
BKD is a place where people build careers, gain new skills and enjoy big firm resources with a small firm approach to teamwork and camaraderie. We focus on providing unmatched client service to everyone we encounter—both in the marketplace and in our offices.
We also offer the support, resources and opportunities you need to further develop your career. We listen to learn, combine innovation with practicality and give back to the communities where we live and work.
Take your career to the next level at BKD.
BKD, LLP, a national CPA and advisory firm, can help individuals and businesses realize their goals. Our approximately 2,600 dedicated professionals provide solutions for clients in all 50 states and internationally. BKD and its subsidiaries offer a variety of tax, accounting and consulting services and combine the insight and ideas of thought leaders in multiple industries. Learn more at bkd.com.
Click here for more information regarding BKD’s Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Policy, Reasonable Accommodations for Disabilities, and E-Verify.