Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Consulting Associate - Nonprofit
at BKD, LLC
- Job ID
- Other Consulting Services
- Work on a variety of financial, accounting and compliance projects, with a primary focus in the nonprofit industry
- You will be trained in multiple project areas as experience is gained
- Assist with accounting outsource services including:
- General ledger and financial statement preparation
- Monthly and year-end closing assistance
- Account and bank reconciliations
- Audit preparation services
- Various projects as experienced is gained
- Participate in projects evaluating Federal and State grant compliance and other compliance with regulatory requirements
- Analyze internal controls and financial/operational results of companies using accounting information and interviews with management
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred
- 3+ years of experience in the nonprofit industry required
- 3+ years of accounting and/or consulting experience required
- Background in accounting or bookkeeping required
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Ability to prioritize work for multiple clients and consistently meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Fluency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Outlook and Word
- Experience with QuickBooks, QuickBooksOnline, Financial Edge, Intacct, bill.com, expensify, stripe, paypal preferred
- Strong computer skills and comfort with various computer applications, including Windows, Adobe, Internet applications and others
- Ability to learn new software related to the accounting functions of an organization
- Ability to complete occasional travel
Successful candidates possess the following attributes:
- Strong professional demeanor
- Highly detail oriented
- Strong initiative and problem solving abilities
- Commitment to client service
- Strong organization and time management abilities
- Strong communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Strong analytical skills
Experience the BKD difference for yourself. For more information about our firm locations, visit bkd.com. BKD, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
BKD does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. BKD will not pay a fee to a recruiter or agency that does not have a signed BKD vendor agreement. Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of BKD without having a BKD vendor agreement in place will be considered property of BKD. BKD will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
BKD is a place where people build careers, gain new skills and enjoy big firm resources with a small firm approach to teamwork and camaraderie. We focus on providing unmatched client service to everyone we encounter—both in the marketplace and in our offices. We also offer the support, resources and opportunities you need to further develop your career. We listen to learn, combine innovation with practicality and give back to the communities where we live and work.
See what we offer new hires in terms of competitive compensation, People First benefits and paid time off.
Take your career to the next level at BKD.
BKD, LLP, a national CPA and advisory firm, can help individuals and businesses realize their goals. Our approximately 2,650 dedicated professionals provide solutions for clients in all 50 states and internationally. BKD and its subsidiaries offer a variety of tax, accounting and consulting services and combine the insight and ideas of thought leaders in multiple industries. Learn more at bkd.com.
Click here for more information regarding BKD’s Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Policy, Reasonable Accommodations for Disabilities, and E-Verify.