Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Product Consultant
at Blackhawk Network
- Position Type
- Location : Location
About Blackhawk Network:
Blackhawk Network delivers branded payment programs to meet our partners’ business objectives. We collaborate with our partners to innovate, translating market trends in branded payments to increase reach, loyalty and revenue. With a presence in over 26 countries, we reliably execute branded payment programs in over 100 countries worldwide. Join us as we shape the future of global branded payments.
Blackhawk is headquartered in Pleasanton, California. For more information, please visit blackhawknetwork.com.
We are looking for a Technical Consultant /Business Analyst working to join our team at Lewisville, TX
Our Technical Consultant will be responsible for the identification and delivery of technology solutions for clients using company products (Hawk Redeem, Hawk Earn, Hawk Marketplace, etc.), outsourced technology solutions (Qlik, AWS, etc.), and/or other proprietary tools.
They will be leading and tracking end-to-end client projects for the Professional Services team. Hands-on client-facing technologist, leveraging a broad technology consulting background to work with engineering teams in support of product and client specific development.
- Leverages consulting skills and product knowledge to assess client needs, document and propose technical solutions
- Drafts, reviews and submits proposals, and develops high level plan for the successful delivery of the client projects
- Manages multiple project deliveries within a client vertical with end-to-end ownership
- Ensures delivery of client solutions leveraging product extensions via a Minimal Viable Product (MVP) approach
- Proactively and aggressively manages expectations with stakeholders regarding deliverables, timelines and budget
- Leads Professional Services projects ensuring delivery of client solutions across a matrixed team of software engineers, QA and shared resources
- Participates in (and may lead) Product Engineering and Product Management team meetings to conceptualize and document requirements and user stories for client specific solutions as potential extensions of our product lines
- Partners with Sales on technical onboarding, pre-sales activities and requirements gathering sessions
- Leverages strong working knowledge of our products and services to further the Professional Services mandate
- Helps drives best MVP solution by leveraging relevant product and client expertise
- Proactively manages enterprise-wide strategic initiatives working in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Provides guidance to project team members, mentors junior consultants, trains clients and account managers on client specific solutions and contributes to process improvements to enhance quality and execution of initiatives
- Reengages with client on change orders – level set, gather requirement and either manage project or hand off to PM
- Optimizes estimation techniques resulting in the delivery of client-facing proposals
- Viewed by clients and internal teams as a professional consultant—well spoken, insightful, and collaborative
- Performs project cost benefit analysis, budget/actuals variance analysis and reports against on-time project delivery
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- 5 years experience in business analysis/project management/consulting services
- Proven leadership and decision-making skills
- Ability to create, refine, and implement process/methodology
- Understanding of consumer/channel rebates/incentives and closed/open loop cards great to have
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven client facing communication and experience—great with all levels of business and technology leaders
- Experience managing initiatives involving design and implementation of new strategic capabilities, business process improvements or automation, or enhancements to existing systems.
- Enjoys change, learning and solving complex problems in fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates high-level of energy, excellent interpersonal, organizational, negotiation and conflict-resolution skills
- Travels as required to meet the needs of the organization (estimated 10-20%)
- Experience working in payment, commerce, marketing analytics or BI desired
- Some experience with data visualization solutions like Qlik, Tableau or Power BI desired
- Agile methodology with Rally/Agile Central great to have not mandatory