Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at BlueLinx Corporation
- Regular Full-Time
- Job ID
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, BlueLinx Corporation is a leading distributor of building products in North America. Employing approximately 1,900 people, BlueLinx offers greater than 10,000 products from over 750 suppliers to service approximately 11,500 customers nationwide, including dealers, industrial manufacturers, manufactured housing producers and home improvement retailers. The company operates its distribution business from sales centers in Atlanta and Denver, and its network of approximately 56 distribution centers. Additional information about BlueLinx can be found on its website at www.BlueLinxCo.com.
Position Purpose Summary:
Manages all operations and related activities of a single manufacturing facility engaged in the raw manufacturing processes for customers. This position manages all manufacturing activity and related costing/raw material utilization for a Regional mill shop(s). Oversees equipment and personnel, including scheduling, and is responsible for troubleshooting and blending business and operational issues/strategies, and providing a close link to Sales Organization. P&L responsibility for manufacturing facility.
- Understands the company’s vision, mission, and strategy; understands business unit objectives and sets/accomplishes individual performance goals accordingly.
- Supervises personnel and equipment usage and maintenance including production and maintenance scheduling.
- Spends some time performing similar activities to fabrication employees.
- Ensures product quality, costing of materials, and proper utilization
- Interacts closely with business units, sales, warehousing, transportation, and customers to ensure orders are fulfilled in a timely and quality manner.
- Selects and develops fabrication personnel.
- Implements operations strategies identified by the branch manager, general manager and/or Regional Vice President.
- Manages the scheduling and planning of production.
- Makes equipment recommendations to the branch manager.
- Assists with planning and directing the layout of equipment. Ensures production follows appropriate workflow and assembly methods.
- Evaluates with procurement on product purchases specifically vendor selection and quality control
- Responsible for financial performance of Manufacturing Operation
Industrial Hygiene; Human Resources; OSHA Regulations; Mechanical & Electrical Engineering; Enforce & Enhance BlueLinx Safety Program; Strong Financial Acumen including Accounting and Costing; Production Supervision; Equipment Procurement/Design/Set Up; Production Scheduling
Years of experience: 8+ years experience in related field preferred. 6+ years experience w/ MS/MA/MBA.