Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AutoCAD Civil 3D Designer
at Bohler Engineering
- # of Openings
- Plan and prepare preliminary layouts and detailed design drawings from engineering notes, sketches, and/or other drawings
- Research and obtain standards/codes required by clients and Jurisdictions and ensure drawings comply
- Efficiently design and draft the following using AutoCAD Civil 3D:
- Land Development Plans
- Zoning Plans
- Concept Plans
- Construction Documents
- Complete drawing/project responsibilities within scope, budget and schedule
- Review drawings for completeness, accuracy and quality
- Organize/maintain all revisions of project drawings, plot files and project-related information in a logical and well-structured manner
- Use third party applications (AutoTURN, StormCAD, etc.) to generate drawings based on specific project requirements
- Work closely with management and production staff (or design team?) to coordinate efforts
- Other duties as assigned
- Technical degree or certificate of completion from an accredited designer/drafter curriculum
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of Civil 3D in a design capacity
- Have good working knowledge within CAD drawings as related to:
- Layer management and usage
- Drawing scales as they relate to text, dimensions, lines, viewports, x-References, etc.
- Plotting and Plot scales, pen tables, etc.
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to prioritize with respect to projects, CAD standards, etc. on a daily basis
- Willingness/ability to assume increased responsibilities when presented
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Bohler Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status protected under local, state or federal laws.