Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Equipment and Facilities Maintenance Tech III (Production/Manufacturing Environment)
at BREG Incorporated
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity?
We currently have a full-time opening for a 1st shift Equipment and Facilities Maintenance Technician III in our Grand Prairie, TX facility. If you are looking for a fast paced environment where you can make a difference every day, then this is the opportunity for you! The Equipment and Facilities Maintenance Technician III is responsible for the repair and maintenance of all mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, electro-mechanical, and pneumatic equipment and insuring that all equipment is operational and in good working condition. This includes all complex and advanced equipment. S/he is also responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks. Considered to be a subject matter expert (SME), this position will serve to train and guide others.
Your day will be very busy… you will:
- Troubleshoots and repairs complex mechanical, electrical and/or control systems on equipment adhering to all policies, procedures and manufacture instructions.
- Identifies root cause(s), develops and executes repair strategies on various equipment.
- Maximizes equipment reliability and performance by effectively performing assigned work orders and preventive maintenance (PM).
- Identifies materials, services and/or vendors to repair equipment to ensure proper working condition for supporting operations.
- Documents work completed including actions taken, conditions observed, root cause, preventive action recommendations, and resources utilized including labor hours and parts.
- Directs and/or participates in root cause analysis and team problem solving activities.
- Ensures that all machine repairs and/or scheduled maintenance is completed and operational on schedule.
- Responsible for equipment installation, electrical wiring and conduit as needed.
- Directs contractors and vendors while on-site to ensure they conform to Breg standards, requirements, and safety regulations.
- May assist with development of PM strategies for equipment.
- Performs minor painting, carpentry, assembly of furniture and office furniture relocation if needed.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment, assuring the safety of employees, appropriate safety training and clear understanding of potential hazards. Reporting any unsafe areas or acts in the workplace. Responsible for complying with all company policies and procedures.
The right person to join our team is...
A dependable, honest, hard-working person who is a positive influence on others. Someone who demonstrates ownership and accountability; effective organization skills; the ability to plan, execute, control and deliver; someone who is detail oriented, focused on accuracy, can follow systems, is able to multi-task and communicate effectively.
What your background will be:
- Applicable certification and/or Degree and 5 years of Equipment and Facilities Maintenance experience required.
- The aptitude to read and understand blueprints and CAD drawings.
- Previous experience with safety programs such as lock out/tag out required.
- Experience with various manufacturing powered or hand tools, welding and general fabrication skills required.
- Strong trouble-shooting skills and experience required.
- Basic understanding of electrical, mechanical, plumbing and carpentry is a plus.
- Experience with Plastic Injection Molding, Metal Stamping & Forming, and Screw Machine equipment maintenance and repairs preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge to include web browser/internet search, Word and Excel capabilities. Technical competence includes the ability to learn new software and systems.
- The ability to read and understand schematics and assigned production schedules.
What we can offer you...
Our insurance benefits are effective the 1st of the month after your hire date.
- Medical /Dental /Vision plans
- PTO (paid time off)
- Holiday Pay
- Life Insurance / STD / LTD
For four consecutive years Breg has been awarded The National Business Research Institute (NBRI) Circle of Excellence Award for employee engagement AND Breg has been awarded as one of the Best Places to work in San Diego in 2014 by “The U-T San Diego Top Workplaces.”
If you meet the requirements above and would like to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.breg.com and click on the ‘Careers’ section.
Breg is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and dedicated to a diverse work force and Drug Free work environment. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.