Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Brierley Partners is seeking a detailed accounting professional with a positive attitude and strong work ethic. The individual must be organized, have strong analytical skills, and detail-oriented. You will be responsible for managing the general ledger and will be deadline-driven for financial close and reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, (Other duties may be assigned.):
- Manage general ledger
- Reconcile the details of various balance sheet accounts for month-end closing
- Make monthly accruals and reversals of income statement items
- Meet the financial deadlines for the monthly closing calendar
- Retain documentation for quarterly reviews and annual audits
- Manage month-end close process
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly, quarterly and year-end financial information
- Prepare and post journal entries to include payroll, accruals and reversals, prepaid and recurring
- Maintain organized detailed records and files to document financial transactions
- Develop ad hoc reports and analyses
- Prepare and complete monthly revenue and expense reports and review with Controller and CFO
- Review and analyze monthly revenue an expenses comparison to budgets and forecasts
- Support budget and forecasting activities
- Load and balance fiscal year budget in Oracle Financials and Excel financial reports
- Record and post intercompany transactions, reconcile intercompany, and post intercompany exchange rate gain/loss
- Coordinate month-end and financial reporting with the accountant for the UK and Japan operations
- Complete monthly currency translation
- Prepare monthly consolidated financial statements and review with Controller and CFO
- Consolidate the monthly financials for NRI (parent company) reporting and prepare monthly NRI reporting schedules
- Distribute consolidated financial statements and revenue reports to senior management and Account Managers
- Prepare schedules and assist with annual and internal audits
- Lead technical initiatives as needed (support of the transition to IFRS, AS606, Capitalization of Software, etc.)
- Assist with software upgrades, special projects and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in Accounting required, CPA a plus, but not required.
- Five years’ experience in audit, public accounting or accounting manager positions
- Working knowledge of an enterprise-level accounting system. Proficient in MS Word, advanced Excel skills and Oracle E-Business Suite (R12)
- Advanced Excel skills; proficient in Outlook and Microsoft Word
Skills & Knowledge Preferred:
- Oracle Financials EBS- Project Accounting, System Administrator, Report Manager/FSG and Discoverer experience. Strong analytics experience.