Bruker BioSciences Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales Specialist Microbiology and Diagnostics
at Bruker BioSciences Corporation
- Req. #
- # of Openings
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
The aim of the job is to develop the company’s business and to establish BDAL as a major, market-leading supplier in tools for Microbiology and Diagnostics in Italy; including mass spectrometry instrumentation, Diagnostic kits , sample preparation, software and consumables. The primary objectives of the job are to present and sell the products in a competitive way, raise the profile of the company in the Microbiology and Diagnostics community and ensure customer satisfaction during and post sale.
The jobholder works largely on his/her own judgment and is supported by sales support managers, applications scientists and service engineers.
The position reports to and works closely with the respective Manager who will set priorities, agree expectations and provide framework support. Accurate record keeping and timely submission of documentation is pre-requisite.
Covers North of Italy for any BA M&D Products to achieve and ideally exceed the sales order budget for the respective territory assigned at the start of the Fiscal Year.
- Find new customers in Hospital, clinics , diagnostic labs , industry and academia using a variety of tools ranging from personal networking to internet searches. identify funding sources and funding stream timescales, making a plan for obtaining early favorable position for these.
- Qualify potential sales leads by discussion with and understanding of the customer’s needs. Arrange and host demonstrations at other Bruker sites.
- Generate quotations and handle relevant tendering processes. Negotiate pricing and sell BA M&D products in collaboration with the parent factory and local management.
- Identify and map the opinion leaders and influence groupings in the target market and build relationships with key decision makers.
- Identify funding sources and funding stream timescales, making a plan for obtaining an early favorable position for these.
- Conduct marketing exercises such as direct marketing, conference participation, exhibitions, commercial seminars, composing advertisements, mailings etc. in France to propagate the awareness of the BA M&D products and to win subsequent sales.
- Maintain a relationship with existing customers and assist in post-sale activities.
- • Report to local Sales Manager and Supported by Local & European Product Specialists.
- You are located preferentialy in North of Italy
- Graduate (minimum) qualification in an appropriate science subject, working knowledge of Microbiology and or diagnostics
- Good market intelligence with respect to competitive products and vendors
- Appropriate qualifications, experience and diplomacy to influence at peer level with clients of Head of Department caliber.
- Tenacity and self-motivation, enthusiasm, drive and initiative directed towards sales growth
- The personality of a natural team player, willing and able to build confidence and to establish co-operative relationships with personnel throughout the Company
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively, approx 50-70% working time. The job involves irregular hours and frequent travel within Italy and abroad (e.g., for customer demos in Germany).
- The position is based at a location that is conveniently suited to the territory and that is satisfactory to the Company for the efficient and effective development of the territory.
- Unencumbered driving license.
- Qualification to live work and travel in Europe without lengthy visa application.
- Computer literacy, especially with regard to modern scientific user interfaces, document and presentation preparation and report writing
- Good communication skills in English, written and spoken.