DFW Area Application Consortium
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
4-8 Science Teacher
at DFW Area Application Consortium
Job Reference #: 4218_37948
Openings as of 2/18/2019
Middle School Teaching
- 4-8 Science Teacher JobID: 4218
- Position Type:
Middle School Teaching/Science
- Date Posted:
Fort Worth Campus
Trinity Basin Preparatory -
- Implements appropriate research-based instructional strategies to promote student achievement.
- Delivers instructional activities that are differentiated according to student knowledge, learning style, and individual need.
- Designs and submits engaging, differentiated, and standards-based lesson plans according to district guidelines.
- Implements district curriculum as articulated in curriculum documents (scope-and sequence, unit plans, etc.).
- Maintains a classroom environment conducive to maximizing learning.
- Develops and implements classroom rules and procedures that teach and reinforce appropriate social behavior.
- Plans and prepares effective instructional activities, materials, learning centers, and assessments as needed.
- On-site regular attendance.
- Provides whole group, small group, and/or one to one instruction.
- Provides small group and/or one to one tutoring as needed.
- Manages student behavior in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct, the student handbook, and campus policies and procedures.
- Collaborates extensively with support teachers and aides (ESL, SpEd, TAG, and RTI) to develop and deliver appropriate and effective educational activities and services to students who are at-risk or have special needs.
- Collaborates extensively with team, department, and other faculty and staff to ensure consistency of instructional delivery, classroom management, and campus procedures.
- Monitors students in various settings (classroom, drop off, pick up) as assigned by campus administration.
- Maintains data-based documentation of continuous monitoring of student performance and progress during interventions.
- Maintains a professional relationship with students, parents, faculty and staff.
- Participates in staff development activities to improve job related skills.
- Creates authentic, standards-based assessments designed to accurately demonstrate student mastery of academic content.
- Provides timely and supportive feedback on student assignments/performance that promotes student achievement.
- Maintains accurate documentation of student grades, behavior, and other indicators of student development as required by administration, and regularly communicates this information to all stakeholders.
- Maintains appropriate confidentiality of student information.
- Understands and complies with all district policies, procedures, and expectations, as articulated in the Faculty handbook or as communicated by administration.
- Participates in extracurricular activities, district/school committees, and other opportunities to develop a positive school community.
- Performs any and all other duties as assigned by the Vice Principal, Principal, and Chief Academic Officer.
1` To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of constituents or employees of organization.
- Ability and/or willingness to learn to use and understand Microsoft Office for spreadsheets, letters and other written communication in order to effectively communicate information with employees, administration and the Board.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to grasp, handle or feel; and talk or hear.The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Bachelor’s degree from four year college or university.
- *Must meet Highly Qualified status.
- Valid Texas teacher certification in respective content and grade level.
- ESL Certification is required.
|Job Title:||Teacher||Reports |
|Principal and Vice Principal |
|Location:||TBP Campus||Hours:||As Needed|
|þ Exempt |
|Position Type:||¨ Part Time |
þ Full Time
|Under the guidance and supervision of the Principal, the classroom teacher is responsible for developing and delivering academic instruction and a classroom climate that are consistent with district policy and philosophy and that maximize student potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. |
|ESSENTIAL DUTIES |