DFW Area Application Consortium
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
6-8 Science Teacher (2019-2020)
at DFW Area Application Consortium
Job Reference #: 6761_37965
Openings as of 10/22/2019
Adm. Support/Clerical: Campus
- 6-8 Science Teacher (2019-2020) JobID: 6761
- Position Type:
Middle School Teaching/Science
- Category/Recruitment Type:
- Date Posted:
Advantage Academy - Primary purpose:
- Ability to work on and enhance a team.
- Ability to use Windows-based computer and office software package, specifically PowerPoint.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet timelines.
- Instructional Strategies
- Provide Instruction for the following federally-approved activities:
- Researched-based science programs and strategies.
- Tutorials as required.
- Individualized instruction.
- Small- group Instruction.
- Extended learning opportunities.
- Computer-aided Instruction.
- Support parental involvement strategies including parent conferences and frequent home communication.
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and the Title I goals, objectives and planned activities included in the Consolidated Application for Federal Funding.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by TEA, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and need of students assigned.
- Conduct assessment for diagnostic and progress monitoring purposes.
- Work cooperatively with other teachers to meet needs of individual students.
- Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
- Assist students in analyzing and improving methods and habits of study.
- Consistently assess student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned and may sponsor outside activities approved by the school.
- Present a positive role model for students that supports the mission of the school district.
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom and administer discipline according to board policies, administrative regulations, and IEP.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents.
- Maintain a professional relationship with all colleagues, students, parents and community members.
- Use acceptable communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
- Participate in the district staff development program.
- Demonstrate interest and initiative in professional improvement.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible.
- Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Principal or Director of Special and Federal Programs.
- Simultaneously managing multiple projects and tasks.
- Organizing work for many different student groups.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Moving small stacks of books, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment.
- Collaborating working on a team.
To provide science instruction to identified students in the Title I program by developing or modifying curricula and preparing lessons and other instructional materials to increase academic achievement.
Current Valid Texas State Certification
Meets highly Qualified Status
Knowledge of the teaching of Science at the upper elementary and secondary level.
Knowledge of various types of assessments and how to align assessment to science TEKS.
Knowledge of various differentiation strategies such as cooperative learning, integrated instruction, learning styles, brain-based learning, etc.
Knowledge of and ability to meet the needs of at-risk learners.
Knowledge of appropriate integration of science programs.
At least one year student teaching or approved internship.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
2. Student Growth and Development
3. Classroom Management and Organization
5. Professional Growth and Development
Computer, Multimedia Equipment, and Audiovisual Equipment
Mental Demands/physical Demands/Environmental Factors: