DFW Area Application Consortium
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at DFW Area Application Consortium
Openings as of 10/15/2019
Adm. Support/Clerical: Campus
- Bus Monitor JobID: 440
- Position Type:
- Category/Recruitment Type:
- Date Posted:
Krum ISD Job Title: Bus Monitor Exemption Status/Test: Nonexempt
- Assist students on and off the bus according to their individual needs including lifting and carrying students with disabilities.
- Supervise students as they board and exit the bus and cross the street following established safety procedures.
- Escort students into the building and deliver to their assigned destination.
- Instruct students on safe entering, exiting, and riding rules and regulations.
- Learn and adapt to each student’s special medical, physical, communicative, and emotional needs.
- Manage student behavior and report student discipline problems in a timely manner to appropriate administrator.
- Communicate with teachers and parents regarding student behavior while on bus.
- Complete and maintain accurate, updated, and timely records and reports including route sheet and daily non-notification forms.
- Operate equipment according to established safety procedures. Make sure that seat belts, harnesses, or car seats are used correctly and help students use safety devises when needed.
- Follow emergency procedures including evacuation of students as needed and assist driver to administer first aid, if necessary.
- Follow established procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting and assisting students.
- Become familiar with and follow procedures established by transportation and special education offices.
- Assist driver keeping bus clean and performance of pre- and post-trip inspections.
Reports to: Transportation Director
Ability to understand and follow written or verbal instructions
Ability to communicate effectively with others
Ability to operate safety equipment and adaptive equipment
Ability to manage student behavior
Ability to work well with children with disabilities
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Routes and Schedules
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:Tools/Equipment Used: Specialized and adaptive equipment used by students
Posture: Frequent standing and sitting; kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Frequent walking and reaching
Lifting: Frequent heavy lifting (45 pounds or over) and positioning of students with physical disabilities, controlling behavior through physical restraint, assisting nonambulatory students, and lifting and moving adaptive equipment
Environment: Work inside and outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather); exposure to noise and vehicle fumes; exposure to biological hazards (bacteria, communicable diseases); work around vehicles and machinery with moving parts; may work irregular or prolonged hours
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress