DFW Area Application Consortium
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Child Care Substitute
at DFW Area Application Consortium
Openings as of 6/19/2019
- Summer School
- Child Care Substitute (Internal Only) JobID: 3272
- Position Type:
- Category/Recruitment Type:
- Date Posted:
ILTexas District Dallas County
International Leadership of Texas
- Knowledge of child development
- Knowledge of IL Texas regulations for school age programs
- Knowledge of record-keeping, procedures and routines
- The ability to supervise, communicate clearly and give directions to children assigned to a group
- The Child Care Worker is expected to provide child care and maintain cooperative working relationships with staff, children, and parents.
- In order for schools to operate effectively, employees are expected to perform all assigned duties and work all scheduled hours during each designated workday, unless the employee has received approved leave
- Any deviation from assigned hours must have prior approval from the employee’s supervisor
- All employees are required to report to work dressed in a manner that reflects a positive image of ILTexas and is appropriate for their position
Job Title: Child Care Worker
Reports to: Director of Student Services
Pay Grade: SUBSTITUTE
Wage/Hour Status: Non-Exempt
Dept./School: ILTexas Dallas County
Date Revised: September 2017
Salary: $100 per day
The Child Care worker provides for the health, safety, and well-being of all children during after-school program hours. Under the supervision of a Director or Designee, the Child Care Worker must have the capability to implement and supervise program activities.
High School Diploma or GED
At least 1 year of experience working with children preferred
REQUIREMENTS: The Child Care Worker must demonstrate emotional maturity and sound judgment and be able to foster positive, healthy relationships with children. Must have an understanding of age appropriate activities and services.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Must be able to work in various weather conditions to supervise children outside and on field trips. Must be able to walk long distances, respond rapidly in emergency situations, stand for long periods of time, bend, twist, balance and stoop, climb steps, lift up to 20 pounds and report to work on time. The Child Care Worker must be able to accommodate any child or youth with special needs who requires specialized services, interventions, or technologies while attending the program.
NEEDED ATTRIBUTES: The Child Care Worker must demonstrate:
TEMPERAMENT: Must be free from physical, mental and emotional handicaps as necessary to protect the health, safety and welfare of children. Must possess the ability to change assignments on short notice, and perform in a positive and cooperative manner. Must be able to make decisions, prioritize tasks, and take charge to direct children in case of an emergency. Attendance at work is an essential function of this position.
Employee Punctuality and Appearance:
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals
Posture: Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Repetitive hand motions, frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching
Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
Environment: Available to work 5 days per week 8 hours daily
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress
Any work related experience or additional education/training resulting in acceptable proficiency levels in the above required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be an acceptable substitute for the above specified education and experience requirements at the sole discretion of District Administration.
The above statements are intended to describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. District administration and/or my supervisor has the right to add or change duties at any time. This job description supersedes all prior job descriptions for this position as well as rescinding all past and present job descriptions that do not reflect the current requirements of this position.
My signature below indicates I understand and acknowledge my job description.
Employee Signature: Date: