DFW Area Application Consortium
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CHS Principal Secretary
at DFW Area Application Consortium
Job Reference #: 8323_37922
Openings as of 10/20/2019
Adm. Support/Clerical: Campus
- CHS Principal Secretary JobID: 8323
- Position Type:
- Category/Recruitment Type:
- Date Posted:
Castleberry High School
Castleberry ISD -
- Prepare written correspondence, forms, schedules, payroll, or reports using personal computer.
- Prepare instructional materials, meeting agendas, honor rolls, graduation lists, and campus communication as requested, using typewriter or personal computer.
- Maintain a daily teacher attendance log and records for substitute teachers.
- Monitor and process personnel time records including leave requests and reports. Compile information and submit to central office according to established deadlines.
- Maintain school calendar of events.
- Schedule meetings and appointments and maintain calendar for principal.
- Assist students, teachers, and parents as needed.
- Receive incoming calls, take reliable messages, and route to appropriate staff.
- Maintain physical and computerized files including mailing lists, student records, visitor logs, and office communication.
- Update handbooks, policy manuals, and other documents as assigned.
- Perform routine bookkeeping tasks including simple arithmetic operations to maintain campus budget records.
- Prepare and process purchase orders.
- Receive, store, and issue supplies and equipment.
- Prepare and make cash deposits for activity account(s). May be responsible for maintenance of activity checkbook(s) and ledger(s).
- Assist with coordination of faculty meetings and campus activities.
- Assist with campus budget preparation.
- Maintain inventory of fixed assets, equipment, and supplies.
- Sort, distribute, or deliver mail and other documents.
- Administer medication to students, check temperatures, and notify parents of student illness in nurse’s absence.
- Maintain confidentiality.
Primary Purpose:Ensure efficient operation of school administrative office and provide clerical services for school’s administrative staff.
High school diploma or GED
Proficient word processing and file maintenance skills
Effective organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Ability to use personal computer and software to develop spreadsheets, databases, and do word processing
Knowledge of basic accounting principles
One to three years secretarial experience, preferably in public education environment
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Records, Reports, and Correspondence
Reception and Phones
Accounting and Inventory
Monitor the work of campus secretaries, clerical aides and student aides.
Equipment Used:Personal computer, printer, copier, fax machine, and calculator.
Working Conditions:Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress; work with frequent interruptions. Repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer.
A complete application should be sent to:
David Rodriguez, Director of Human Resources
5228 Ohio Garden
Fort Worth, Texas 76114
You may submit an On-line Application at
All personnel of the Castleberry Independent School District shall be employed without regard to national origin, race, religion, sex, creed, age or handicapping condition.