DFW Area Application Consortium
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CTE Engineering: Robotics/Science Teacher
at DFW Area Application Consortium
Job Reference #: 796_111031
Openings as of 1/22/2020
Adm. Support/Clerical: Campus
- CTE Engineering: Robotics/Science Teacher JobID: 796
- Position Type:
High School Teaching/Career and Technical Education
- Category/Recruitment Type:
- Date Posted:
Sanger High School
Sanger ISD Job Title: CTE Engineering: Robotics/Science Teacher
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in individual student differences.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, equipment, and technology that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned and present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
- Plan and assign work to instructional aide(s) and volunteer(s) and oversee completion.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
- Present a positive role model for students; support mission of school district.
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in selecting books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship and open communication with parents, students, colleagues, and community members.
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Comply with federal, state, and local regulations related to the occupational area assigned.
- Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
Exemption Status: Exempt Pay Grade: As set by SISD Board of Trustees
Reports to: Principal Dept./School: Assigned Campus (Sanger High School)
Bachelor’s degree, associate’s degree, or high school diploma/GED and equivalent wage-earning experience as required by certification
Valid Texas career and technical education certificate with required license, endorsements, and training for subject and level assigned, or related training and work experience for certification waivers under the District of Innovation Plan (DOI)
Demonstrated competency in the career and technical education subject area assigned
Educator Certification in Physics or Science Composite Desired
Knowledge of career and technical education subject assigned
General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
Ability to oversee student field experiences in career area assigned
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Student teaching, approved internship, or 1 year of wage-earning experience in the area of certification
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Student Growth and Development
Classroom Management and Organization
Professional Growth and Development
Supervisory Responsibilities:Direct the work of assigned instructional aide(s).
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:Tools/Equipment Used: Personal computer and peripherals; standard instructional equipment
Posture: Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Frequent walking
Lifting: Regular light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds); may lift and move textbooks and classroom equipment
Environment: Work inside, may work inside and outside; regular exposure to noise
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; work prolonged or irregular hours
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.