DFW Area Application Consortium
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DAEP Classroom Aide
at DFW Area Application Consortium
Openings as of 10/20/2019
Adm. Support/Clerical: Campus
- DAEP Classroom Aide JobID: 1227
- Position Type:
Support Staff/Teacher Assistant
- Category/Recruitment Type:
- Date Posted:
Charles Baxter Junior High School
- Date Available:
2019-2020 School Year
- Work with certified teacher and campus administrators to create and maintain an orderly and highly structured classroom environment.
- Work with individual students to complete assignments given by classroom teacher.
- Distribute, collect, and check student assignments for accuracy.
- Maintain individual files of completed student assignments and return to classroom teachers.
- Manage student behavior according to board policies, administrative regulations, and Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Record student attendance and discipline referrals using personal computer when needed.
- Supervise students assigned to ISS during lunch and bathroom breaks.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Participate in staff development training programs, faculty meetings, and special events as assigned.
- Maintain sign-in log in ISS room.
- Be punctual in all areas.
- Be a positive role model for all students and maintain a positive attitude.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Primary Purpose:Supervise students assigned to in-school suspension (ISS) for disciplinary reasons. Maintain a highly structured and orderly environment. Work under the general supervision of the principal or designee and immediate direction of a certified teacher on a daily basis.
High school diploma or GED
Texas Instructional Aide Certificate
Ability to work well with children and teachers effectively
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
Ability to use personal computer
Some experience working with children preferred
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Equipment Used:Copier and personal computer.
Working Conditions:Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress.
Moderate standing, stooping, bending, and lifting.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.